Whats your current motivation for losing weight?

Replies

• RosetteMak
    RosetteMak Posts: 10 Member
    I weigh more than I ever have in my life. My arms are growing, I have folds of fat in my back whenever I lean back too far, and I have love handles. I don't need a flat stomach, I just want to be 140 again, I want to be able to bend however I want without thick rolls getting in my way!
  • leahrose02
    leahrose02 Posts: 4 Member
    It doesn't feel good. I gained a few pounds thanks to a new job (hello stress and travelling) and I feel a bit gross. I also have a bad habit of binging when I'm travelling so I'm working on my mindfulness at the same time.

Fantasy: 6 pack abs. I'll never get that low of body fat though lol
  • brittlb07
    brittlb07 Posts: 313 Member
    Not settling on the, “But you’re 30 now and have two kids. You look fine considering that...”. Nope! I want to feel good in my body again! I’ve dropped 24 since January 1! I’m at 122 and want to get to 116-118 by the end of the year!
  • ddacres09
    ddacres09 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 60 and don't want to end up like Mama having to hold onto someone from the car to the store, due to balance issues. She is 80. Training at the gym has helped me a lot with that and I have lost inches. Still fighting the stomach fat, but know there are muscles under :-)
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,493 Member
    My current motivation is the cruise we are going on in 7 weeks, but recent motivations included pole dancing competitions in which I was onstage in what was basically a bikini while strangers judged me. :worried:
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 671 Member
    My current motivation is the cruise we are going on in 7 weeks, but recent motivations included pole dancing competitions in which I was onstage in what was basically a bikini while strangers judged me. :worried:

You're so much braver than me - that's awesome!! ... I'm dreading going swimsuit shopping for our vacation next month. DREADING it - I'm not big...but I'm not thin & toned either.
  • cgibson522
    cgibson522 Posts: 31 Member
    I workout 5-6 days a week and have definitely gotten a lot stronger and I want to look strong too (right now there's a layer of fat over all the muscle). I'd also love for my clothes to fit a bit better too. I know there are a bunch of things in my closet I'm not reaching for because I don't feel as good in them as I used to.
  • Pricklypineapple422
    Pricklypineapple422 Posts: 52 Member
    To better my athletic performance :)
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 671 Member
    Well, there's been an update for me - watching the pro races a couple weeks ago I realized I could have qualified for my class. Probably would have been dead last, but I could have qualified. While sitting there watching the races I blurted out "I'm racing there next year." It wasn't an if/and/or/but statement, I simply decided that it is happening.

I've "planned" on trying the pro circuit "when I was ready/fast enough" but was letting myself be a little wishy-washy about it. Flipped that switch in my brain, and that's that. Decision made. Which means a lot of hard work (including losing the weight) between now and then, but it's going to happen - no longer a mobile target!!

Getting into competition shape is what REALLY motivates me. I have the horsepower to do it and he will be old enough to start running next year. I can't stand the thought of me holding him back because I'm heavy & weak.

What do you work on? I've been working to build core strength & upper body.

There's nothing like competing at speed for an adrenaline junkie.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,983 Member
    Getting into competition shape is what REALLY motivates me. I have the horsepower to do it and he will be old enough to start running next year. I can't stand the thought of me holding him back because I'm heavy & weak.

What do you work on? I've been working to build core strength & upper body.

There's nothing like competing at speed for an adrenaline junkie.

My training ends up covering a range - strength training, cardio, and muscle endurance. My plan right now is to work through a middle-difficulty plan through mid September, then step up to my intense training plan until November, then back to a mid level plan until the middle of January when I'll go back to the intense program in a final push to prepare for the season that starts in mid-late March.

All my training includes strength splits, and some element of endurance/cardio. With the racing, there are short, intense movements that are repeated multiple times each lap, and you need to be able to last the entire race (ranging from 6-8 laps at my current level, 22-25 laps at the pro level). Figure 1.5-2 minutes/lap (give or take depending on the track).

It's surprisingly physical - in fact, so much so, that in full-body conditioning tests, top level motorcycle racers actually test out as some of the most fit athletes in the world because it's really a test of endurance, strength, and ability to push all of those limits (mental too), with NO break/rest/regroup, for upwards of 30 minutes.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Clothes!!! Got down to goal, bought a bunch of stuff, then couldn't maintain and now it's all tight :disappointed:
    Sounds very familiar :smiley:
  • booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    After last year’s stress of a job search, a new job and a cross country move for my family of five, none of my work clothes fit. Ten years ago I lost 120 pounds, and I don’t want to be the person that has them come back.
  • bennim1
    bennim1 Posts: 4 Member
    My mom is 86 and still out-running me on the tennis courts! I just turned 55 and getting ready to retire. I want to be like mom and have fun doing the things I love. But about 15 more pounds to go. And my arms are flabby and I have to by shirts too big so the sleeves fit- not comfy at all. Time to be comfy in my skin and get rid of some of the flab.