EOD Diet Buddy (ISO)

LaughingRockey
LaughingRockey Posts: 10 Member
edited July 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Good morning!
I am in search of a friend to do the EOD diet with. We would communicate primarily by text. I am looking to get in shape and lose some weight.
About Me:
I’m a 25 year old female. I’m a police and fire dispatcher. I love yoga and mochi. I’m looking to lose about 50 lbs. I’m easygoing and looking forward to hearing about you!
Rockey
[personal details removed by MFP mods]

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited July 2019
    What's EOD? Nevermind I googled. That doesn't sound very healthy. How is it sustainable?
  • LaughingRockey
    LaughingRockey Posts: 10 Member
    edited February 2020
    @Terytha @LyndaBSS

@Terytha , it sounds like you've switched to healthier eating habits recently, which is so great!! It isn't easy. I definitely hope you stick with it [=

Like you both mentioned, it's important to get really good nutrients on your non-fasting days. And it definitely isn't the right plan for everyone. Fasting can be quite healthy for the body, however, if you do it right. It can do things like dropping insulin levels, promoting growth hormones, breaking down old deteriorating cells, and other nifty stuff.

I did EOD from July 10, 2019 - Jan 1, 2020 and lost 50 lbs. It got me out of the pre-diabetic zone, my blood pressure is now perfect and I'm feelin' good! Now I have been maintaining for the past 2 months. EOD was a great way for me to kick-start my weightloss and train myself to eat when I'm hungry instead of just when I think I should. It taught me to have a different relationship with food.
    This is an interesting link on fasting if you want to read it. It isn't perfect but they make it a pretty fun read.

Best of luck in your health endeavors!
    Rockey
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    I believe in intermittent fasting. I eat lunch and dinner (noon to 7 pm is my window of eating). It seems like EOD might be difficult to go between the 500 calories and eating anything. If you can do it...all the more power to you. Personally, I think the best course of action is to eat a low calorie diet along with keeping active. Eat healthy and create good habits. Good luck! I'm interested to hear about your success.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Not for me. Eating only every other day would negatively affect my workouts. And I could easily blow away any deficit on my eating days because ... hungry.
  • daniellekweiler
    daniellekweiler Posts: 1 Member
    This is a year too late...but I hope you found a buddy. I started the 16/8 IF program Jan 2019 with some results but i started the 36 hr/EOD on 6/7/20. Wow it was so much easier than I thought it would be. i frequently hit 40 hrs and still just dont feel hungry, but I am working from being obese so I have a lot of fat stores to burn through. I think it can be harder for people who are only a little overweight or not at all overweight. I have been diabetic for 2 years. This is my effort to reverse my type 2 diabetes. I primarily road cycle (since 2013) and do body weight exercise (since 2010). I started a regular yoga practice in May 2020 but am still very new. My wrists are not a fan. I am working on building wrist strength.

When I was doing 16/8 i started easing into doing all my rides fasted. It was much easier than i thought it would be. I started with 17-25 mile rides and worked up to 45 mile rides in a fasted state. Hoping you are well and going strong. If you are still looking for a buddy, i am in this for the long haul.

Best,
    Danielle