Workout update

Hi. I am 24 years old, male, weighing currently 208 lbs. i am trying to gain muscle mass. While I definitely see improvement it’s still not my goal. As my muscles could be bigger. And other issues such as the middle of my chest still feels boney. Here is my usual workout.
Push strength (each 5x5)
Overhead Press
Bench Press
Dips

Pull Strength (5x5)
EZ bar curl
Rows
Pull ups

Leg Strength
Squats (5x5)
Deadlifts (1x5)
Leg Press (5x5)
Seated Leg Curl (5x5)
Weighted Calf Raises (5x5)

Push Hypertrophy (4x10)
Bench Press
Rope pull downs (till failure)
Dumbell overhead
DB incline
DB decline

Pull hypertrophy (4x10)
Curls (till failure)
Ez Bar curl
Rows
Cable Rows
Lat pull Down

Leg Hypertrophy (4x10)
Lay down leg push (works Glutes)
Rest is same as Leg strength Day.

On Leg days I work abs hypertrophy (4x10)
Leg Raises
Ab pull downs
Side bends
Russian twists
(All weighted except for leg raises)

I should also note i take prescription Adderall and Lexipro. And drink a large skinny iced mocha at starbucks every morning. I eat around 3,500 calories per day.

Any tips?

Oh and I do of course take atleast 2-3 rest days per week.

Replies

• jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 694 Member
    edited June 2019
    Why you working your arms before your big compounds? I’d pick a program from the sticky or something like PHAT which is similar to this but much better balanced imo

Also boney at 208? How tall are you
  • jack1336
    jack1336 Posts: 38 Member
    6“1
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    I'd run a more well written program. That looks like a buffet of linear progression gone bad.

Something that has more of a variety or rep schemes and average intensity to match.

What is your average weight gain the past 4-6 weeks?

What intensity range are you running?
  • jack1336
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    I'd run a more well written program. That looks like a buffet of linear progression gone bad.

Something that has more of a variety or rep schemes and average intensity to match.

I have not had any extra weight gain. I have gained slight muscle mass. IDK the intensity but i just do as heavy as I can. For example my squats last time for strength leg day were 205.

Again i must emphasize i have a high metabolism and I was advised not to do Cardio.
  • jack1336
    jack1336 wrote: »

I have not had any extra weight gain. I have gained slight muscle mass. IDK the intensity but i just do as heavy as I can. For example my squats last time for strength leg day were 205.

Again i must emphasize i have a high metabolism and I was advised not to do Cardio.

*i have had some weight gain but I’m still unsure if this is what I need to do.
  • jack1336

So i downloaded a PHAT workout plan app. How do I know what weight to start out with? And Do I do ab workouts at all?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member
    jack1336 wrote: »

So i downloaded a PHAT workout plan app. How do I know what weight to start out with? And Do I do ab workouts at all?

You are going to have to experiment to find what weight to start with to get enough resistance to work in the rep ranges. No one can just tell you. Then when it gets too easy, add weight. You should be working 1 or 2 reps shy of failure in each set. As far as ab work, if you are properly engaging your core on the major lifts, ad work is not essential. But it doesn't hurt to do some planks a couple of times per week. Honestly, I don't. But I make sure to engage my core on my lifts. Particularly squats and deads.

PHAT is a good program.