The Nerd & Geek Thread

Replies

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    I wasn't gonna post but I rolled a four.

well, that's bad if you are playing D&D; if you are playing GURPS, however, which uses 3D6, a 3 or 4 is actually 100% success.....so it depents on if you consider posting to be a bad outcome or a good one :smiley:

Off topic but probably still considered nerdy: Where's a good place online these days to post things for sale? I know years ago it was Craig's List, but I wasn't sure if that was still a thing or not. I have a computer I need to get rid of - I've scavaged the hard drive and the DVD drive and the motherboard is bad, but everything is fine, including the water cooled processor. I live in a rural area so local classifieds aren't much luck.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    I wasn't gonna post but I rolled a four.

well, that's bad if you are playing D&D; if you are playing GURPS, however, which uses 3D6, a 3 or 4 is actually 100% success.....so it depents on if you consider posting to be a bad outcome or a good one :smiley:

Off topic but probably still considered nerdy: Where's a good place online these days to post things for sale? I know years ago it was Craig's List, but I wasn't sure if that was still a thing or not. I have a computer I need to get rid of - I've scavaged the hard drive and the DVD drive and the motherboard is bad, but everything is fine, including the water cooled processor. I live in a rural area so local classifieds aren't much luck.

i had the best luck with facebook ads at this point. had almost no hits for my craig's list. ebay is still a thing too
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    le5aua8u70i6.jpg
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Ooh just found this thread :smile: I noticed some LOTR fans along the way, did anyone play War in the North? It was an xbox 360 game a few years back. One of my all times favourites!
  • bmeadows380
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    Ooh just found this thread :smile: I noticed some LOTR fans along the way, did anyone play War in the North? It was an xbox 360 game a few years back. One of my all times favourites!

@ghudson92 I never got a chance to play it, though I think I might have it now since I have my brother's Xbox which I think was a 360. I just haven't had a lot of time to play much of anything this summer.

Did you only play console games, or did you play some of the PC games as well? My all-time favorite was LOTR: Battle for Middle-Earth 1 (I know BFME 2 was much more popular, but I never cared for it myself). I was thrilled to find that someone had updated the specs for both games to play with Windows 10 when I set up my new computer a couple of weeks ago - even added new maps, added back the ability to play online, and the ability to play without a game disc, though I have about 3 copies of that game :)
  • bmeadows380
    edited July 2019
    cee134 wrote: »
    c7tdoixeo9mx.jpg

Oh - it took me a while to figure out who the woman was supposed to be :)

So what happens if cyclops puts on Velma's glasses instead of his visor? lol
  • ghudson92

@ghudson92 I never got a chance to play it, though I think I might have it now since I have my brother's Xbox which I think was a 360. I just haven't had a lot of time to play much of anything this summer.

Did you only play console games, or did you play some of the PC games as well? My all-time favorite was LOTR: Battle for Middle-Earth 1 (I know BFME 2 was much more popular, but I never cared for it myself). I was thrilled to find that someone had updated the specs for both games to play with Windows 10 when I set up my new computer a couple of weeks ago - even added new maps, added back the ability to play online, and the ability to play without a game disc, though I have about 3 copies of that game :)

It's definitely worth a go if you do have it :smile: The only trouble is it can be glitchy, I've had two copies and on about the third go round it tends to glitch :disappointed:

I've yet to play the PC games as I've never had a PC powerful enough to cope until now! It's just finding the time unfortunately. When I finish my thesis I am planning on venturing in to the world of PC gaming.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member

I am playing Shadow of Mordor on PS4. But, I have limited time so is slow going
  • ghudson92

I am playing Shadow of Mordor on PS4. But, I have limited time so is slow going

Nice! I haven't completed that yet either
  • cee134
    uh1bt6r6xtov.jpg
  • Ming777
    Ming777 Posts: 21 Member
    I don’t even have a jib.
  • cee134
    07zhi3xmtxx4.jpg
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member