Looking for Supportive/Active MFP Friends

Hey MFPers. I am looking to add some more friends on here and build my circle a bit. I've found success multiple times on this app and one of the biggest things I can attribute that to was my awesome support group. I have a good group of friends now, many still quite active and supportive. Others are likely just in their struggle phases or focused on other areas of their lives right now. I've been there, I get it. My feed just feels like its shrinking and I like seeing my friends go out and kill it because it makes me want to do the same.

A little about me: I just got married a month ago and returned from my honeymoon about 2 weeks ago so now I have all the time needed to master my active lifestyle because I would like to improve even more. Now that I've returned, I'm focused on training for my first 10K, which I'll be running with one of my closest friends. I'm really putting my efforts toward building my body back to a place where I can play basketball regularly without pain as its been quite a while after numerous injuries.

Add me if you're looking to grow your support group as well.

Replies

• rach3116
    rach3116 Posts: 34 Member
    Congrats on the wedding!!! That’s such an exciting new phase of life.
    I am super active and on a roll right now- AND I have my first 10k trail run in 8 weeks from being postpartum! 🙌🏻
  • OGJake12
    OGJake12 Posts: 181 Member
    Thank you and congrats to your new step as well! Awesome that we're probably near each other in training, Mines in 9 weeks. That'll be fun to track together. I'll shoot you over a friend request right now
  • OGJake12
    ANND FRs are broken through the app, sounds about right
  • amberrea82
    amberrea82 Posts: 232 Member
    Feel free to add me! I’m on here just about every day and try to get some form of exercise every day, whether it’s walking my huge dog or at-home exercises when it’s pouring rain lol

A bit about me: I’m 36 with two teenage stepsons, both in hockey and very active with bmx and scooters all summer long. I try my best to keep up, going fishing and camping, quadding and dirt biking. I cook them ALL the food, but stick to my plan which is relatively low carb (somewhat keto) and fasting.
  • OGJake12
    Hi! Thank you for your post and telling me about yourself. I shot you over a friend request.
  • fesimo34197
    fesimo34197 Posts: 94 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hey congratulations on the wedding!! I first lost the most weight Ever for my wedding but sadly piled a fair bit on afterwards! Mix of job change and generally in a slump. However I’m back on track now and slowly loosing the weight! I’m always happy to have active friends. Feel free to add
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,160 Member
    rach3116 wrote: »
    I am super active and on a roll right now- AND I have my first 10k trail run in 8 weeks

Yup, what she @rach3116 said, things are going good. A combo of logging regularly and my first 10K in forever is in 12 weeks. I'm planning on losing about 1.5 lbs/week during the training too, so am expecting to be 18 lbs lighter than today on race day. Ambitious, no? @OGJake12

• blinx7
    blinx7 Posts: 11 Member
    Just sent a friend request. Been back on MFP for two weeks (after a spurt of two months earlier in the year) and starting a regular exercise routine this time.
  • angjindra
    angjindra Posts: 77 Member
    I have been successful in here in the past as well. It’s been a long time and I’m really trying to stick with it for a long haul this time!
  • nea2702
    nea2702 Posts: 24 Member
    Please add me if you wish. I cannot see how to add you as a friend from the app. I am a 56 yr old male in the UK. I have been in maintenance for 2 years now after losing over 110 lbs but still track daily and keep active. Don’t have to many MFP friends as the ones I had just were not active so I trimmed my list right down. But support and encouragement is so important
  • julesss4u
    julesss4u Posts: 10 Member
    Congratulations!! I’m a caregiver looking to care for myself so I can care for my daughter. I’m active if you want to add!! For some reason I can’t add.
  • DebbieFarndell39
    DebbieFarndell39 Posts: 6 Member
    Congratulations on your wedding, I too need more friends on here for motivation. I've had 6 weeks off due to a knee injury I'm slowly getting back into it again so feel free to add me xx
  • OGJake12
    Thank you all for the congratulations! I've sent out friend requests to everyone who replied. Thanks!
  • Mendykiins
    Mendykiins Posts: 12 Member
    edited July 2019
    Just got back on after I stopped exercising (9 months ago!) After my first car accident ever. It was such a struggle. I'm at my heaviest I've ever been right now, and feeling so down, but got my gym pass and am on my 3rd workout since I got it last week. Anyone feel free to add me! I could use the support!
  • haydennorris04
    haydennorris04 Posts: 28 Member
    Add me and we can help keep eachother motivated and on track.
  • OGJake12
    Added both of you! Thank you for reaching out
  • annobrien876
    annobrien876 Posts: 3 Member
    Add me
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    I’m looking for new friends too as many of my old friends have moved on or are not as active anymore. Lost weight, regained a bit and now here to finish the job off. Love to hike, do weights and reformer Pilates every week and generally stay active. Not so good with my food though and need the occasional kick up the rear. Please send me a friend request if interested.
  • OGJake12
    wahelga wrote: »
    I’m looking for new friends too as many of my old friends have moved on or are not as active anymore. Lost weight, regained a bit and now here to finish the job off. Love to hike, do weights and reformer Pilates every week and generally stay active. Not so good with my food though and need the occasional kick up the rear. Please send me a friend request if interested.

I love to hike too and you're about exactly where I'm at. Thanks for the FR