Keto Plateau help?

rustyvicinie
rustyvicinie Posts: 63 Member
So I started keto and the first 20ish pounds came off at nice pace and fairly consistently. I have hit a plateau however for the last several weeks. No cheating, and have been as conscious of the carbs throughout. Is this common? What can you do to reset off the plateau?

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    has the weight not moved AT ALL in 5 full weeks?

Are you ensuring you stay in a calorie deficit? weighing and logging food?

how long did it take for the 20lbs to come off?

What are your stats?
    Gender, height, starting weight, current weight, goal weight?
  • rustyvicinie
    Thanks. I have been logging and been keeping at or below the calorie level recommended by MFP for the most part. the 20 pounds came off in about 6 weeks. It has been 2 weeks now at a plateau. Stats are as follows Male, 6'1" 276 starting Wgt, current Wgt 254, goal weight 225-234.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Patience. If you are tracking honestly, the only other answer is patience.
  • rustyvicinie
    Thanks, understood and can keep the course. I was just curious if this was common in keto or not.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Thanks, understood and can keep the course. I was just curious if this was common in keto or not.

The actual diet makes no difference whatsoever to plateaus.
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,800 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi! Just want to add my 2 cents. After I had lost the first 15# I thought I had stalled. Actually I bounced up and down by 0.2-0.4# for FOUR MONTHS and stayed the course finally making it through that 10 pound bracket. Then I was back to losing slowly, reaching my original goal (an additional 3# loss) after another 3 months. That was a little over a year ago. I’m still LCHF and periodically losing - currently down 16# below that original goal. I’m happy around 125 - my high school weight from 51 years ago! My daughter had surgery this week and I’m here taking care of her for a few weeks. Since I arrived a week ago, I have lost 4 pounds! 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️Female, 5’1”, 69 years old

I think you’re doing great!! Stick to it!