New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    51yrhekigk7s.png
    334wmde8hva3.png
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member

what in the name of everything holy in heaven and earth is THAT??!! I think I am in a sugar coma just from looking at the picture!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Did a side by side comparison of crunchy tacos from Taco Bell and Burger King. I’m torn.
    Burger King’s has a much crunchier tortilla that tasted like fresh fried tortilla chips from an authentic Mexican restaurant whereas Taco Bell’s felt more fake and less thin; Burger King’s didn’t fall apart on me nearly as much as Taco Bell’s did. However, in terms of the meat I like Taco Bell’s way more. I don’t know what Burger King uses, but it wasn’t good at all. I know neither of them are real meat or anything close to it, but Burger King’s was REALLY fake and made Taco Bell’s seem more authentic, which says a lot...
    Overall, both are tied. I would have given BK’s a 10/10 until I got to the inside, then it fell to a 5.5/10
    Both are 170 calories
    7t97a6wmpm5a.jpeg
    6r083hvpke9m.jpeg
    tzlvod9ddgg6.jpeg
  • hgycta
    edited July 2019
    As much as it pains me to say this, Enlightened does have ONE bad dairy free pint. Chocolate Almond Macaron. Visually it’s very indulgent looking, but it tastes like every other diary free ice cream out there. It even has a pea protein taste to it, even though there’s supposedly none in there. Reminded me a little of the Wink pints (not quite AS bad, but not much better). The almond flavor is strong which didn’t bother me, but I could see it being too strong for others.
    Overall this was the most artificial tasting one that left a bad aftertaste and had an arctic zero frozen dessert texture to it. 2/10
    It’s a shame because all the other dairy free flavors are solid 9 or 10/10s!
    58jwydxz1mxo.jpeg
    z3c4m94p6fqw.jpeg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    As much as it pains me to say this, Enlightened does have ONE bad dairy free pint. Chocolate Almond Macaron. Visually it’s very indulgent looking, but it tastes like every other diary free ice cream out there. It even has a pea protein taste to it, even though there’s supposedly none in there. Reminded me a little of the Wink pints (not quite AS bad, but not much better). The almond flavor is strong which didn’t bother me, but I could see it being too strong for others.
    Overall this was the most artificial tasting one that left a bad aftertaste and had an arctic zero frozen dessert texture to it. 2/10
    58jwydxz1mxo.jpeg
    z3c4m94p6fqw.jpeg

Uh oh. I bought this one since I hadn't tried it yet and the pickin's were slim and Englightened was on sale or I had a digital coupon or something.
  • lucadeangiles
    lucadeangiles Posts: 55 Member
    Not sure if the sales at all Shoprite stores are the same or not, but just a heads up the ones near me are having this sale through July 6th!!!
    17hetmqc9lvt.jpeg

They’re also having this sale on Culture Republics light ice cream, I’ve never seen them has anyone here tried them??
    qjz6zm0k6lv0.jpeg

culture republick is by far the best light ice cream, in my opinion. Matcha fudge & milk and honey are the best flavors. Great texture
  • hgycta
    glassyo wrote: »
    58jwydxz1mxo.jpeg
    z3c4m94p6fqw.jpeg

Uh oh. I bought this one since I hadn't tried it yet and the pickin's were slim and Englightened was on sale or I had a digital coupon or something.

I mean, if nothing else the fudge portion is good, but definitely don’t let it set the standards for the other flavors!!
    Not sure if the sales at all Shoprite stores are the same or not, but just a heads up the ones near me are having this sale through July 6th!!!
    17hetmqc9lvt.jpeg

They’re also having this sale on Culture Republics light ice cream, I’ve never seen them has anyone here tried them??
    qjz6zm0k6lv0.jpeg

culture republick is by far the best light ice cream, in my opinion. Matcha fudge & milk and honey are the best flavors. Great texture

Shucks I really wish I knew this when it was on sale haha but maybe I’ll splurge anyways! I’m not a huge matcha person so I’ll keep an eye out for milk and honey, thanks!!!
  • tooshie85
    tooshie85 Posts: 2 Member
    OMG The Perfect Bar in Peanut Butter Coconut (and I usually hate coconut) or Blueberry Cashew or Walnut Brownie!!!!! AMAZINGLY delicious! and if you microwave for about 10-15 sec, they're heavenly! All-natural ingredients (so natural that they need to be refrigerated) and made local to me in San Diego, CA :).
  • glassyo
    glassyo wrote: »
    58jwydxz1mxo.jpeg
    z3c4m94p6fqw.jpeg

I mean, if nothing else the fudge portion is good, but definitely don’t let it set the standards for the other flavors!!

So I figured I'd get it over with and stuck in the microwave for maybe half a minute and...I kinda liked the ice cream part. It was the fudge I didn't like. It had a weird taste to it so maybe the pea protein taste migrated into it?

I won't buy it again but at least it's not a total loss. :)

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited July 2019
    It’s here o.o
    vd6uslvxy0qf.png

I feel bad for the baristas who have to make this for all the preteens (and me). 😆

It’s banana candy flavored... eh. Not sure how I feel about it??

My coworker bought one of these the other day & it definitely didn't look like the picture. The whipped cream looked pretty at least.

Finally tried the Stroopwafel McFlurry! I had packed a healthy lunch & of course left most of it on the counter on my way to work today so during my lunch I decided to get one & walked over to McDonald's. While there I decided to also get a Big Mac (stomach please don't hate me tomorrow). The McFlurry was definitely amazing, but probably not something I'll get again. Loved the caramel that was chewy & the pieces added a nice crunch. I do like McFlurries & milkshakes, but I've found that I'm someone that likes my ice cream more dense.

On my vacation I tried the Cinnamon KFC biscuits & thought it was hard as a rock & definitely not sweet in the slightest. Such a disappointment. The Cheetos sandwich also was a bust, & didn't resemble the pictures or commercial at all!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited July 2019

WTF are the jelly bean looking things?
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member

WTF are the jelly bean looking things?

Looks like they're plastic pipets filled with some kind of liquid. 51mPBmOg7rL._SX425_.jpg
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member
    @hgycta I tried a few of the Culture Republick flavors a while back and thought they were pretty good too. Not sure if the links to my thoughts on them will work properly, but here goes:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/43544944#Comment_43544944

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/43660905#Comment_43660905
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    9vwvx0hck5pg.jpeg
    hyrlrnkfmrp9.jpeg
    Both of these flavors are fantastic! Super indulgent treat for only 45 calories!
  • hgycta
    edited July 2019
    1.) that Coolhaus Hey Cupcake ice Cream looks AMAZING, dare I ask how many calories are in a serving?? o:

2) Those Lucky Charms Marshmallows also look amazing o.o

3.) Instagram is dangerous.
    lk8hh4x1r6ix.jpeg

4.) I shouldn’t want this, and I know it will probably be mediocre/nothing at all like Twinkie’s, but I know I’m going to wind up buying it the second I see it
    srkb22deiii5.jpeg

5.) has anyone tried these???? Got them from sam’s club! It’s a plum + apricot hybrid!
    xa7abehkmk3m.jpeg
  • glassyo
    I can never find the yummy sounding dessert toppings....especially the 10 calories per serving ones.

You know, I'm in for the twinkies cereal. The powdered donuts and honeybuns ones ended up tasting really good.
    1.) that Coolhaus Hey Cupcake ice Cream looks AMAZING, dare I ask how many calories are in a serving?? o:

2) Those Lucky Charms Marshmallows also look amazing o.o

3.) Instagram is dangerous.
    lk8hh4x1r6ix.jpeg

4.) I shouldn’t want this, and I know it will probably be mediocre/nothing at all like Twinkie’s, but I know I’m going to wind up buying it the second I see it
    srkb22deiii5.jpeg

5.) has anyone tried these???? Got them from sam’s club! It’s a plum + apricot hybrid!
    xa7abehkmk3m.jpeg