I’m back! Keto wasn’t for me

PGHks
PGHks Posts: 8 Member
edited July 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone. I used myfitnesspal back in January and lost 17lbs in under 3 months and got away from it and did it on my own. Well that didn’t last and went back to same old eating habits. Tried keto and i realize that it wasn’t for me, very different and difficult. So good luck to all.

Replies

• maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    I'm not a big supporter of most "diets"...as in meal patterns that eliminate entire food groups or are highly restrictive.
    Good luck to you on your health/wellness journey.
  • PGHks
    Thank you for your support. Yeah keto definitely was a challenge in itself. Especially when my wife and daughter eat not such a healthy diet. Temptations everywhere at home. While working was the easiest. I just packed my lunch and that’s all I ate was what I took. Going out to lunch or dinner was the hardest. I like counting calories better then keto. And damn I sure didn’t like the keto flu! And boy was I Oscar the grouch! Never thought I would miss fruit and vegetables as much as I did. Those two food groups where a big restriction. I would highly recommend counting calories over keto. It’s amazing how we become addicted to bad foods. And over eating. But hey everyone is different. Best of luck to all.
  • TallGent66
    TallGent66 Posts: 84 Member
    Is it true people on Keto don't track calories / quantities?

quiksylver296 - great abs! (I'll never have at 6'6", mid 50s.) But I can hike 700' uo and back now, no problemo. Progress.
  • PGHks
    edited July 2019
    So no you don’t track calories. But you do tend to stay in your calorie range maybe little over without even trying. Because your focused on not going over carbs and protein. You tend to stay under your calories. Much harder in my opinion to watch the carb intake and protein. You’ll be surprised in how many carbs are in everything. Especially fruit and veggies. When you think of carbs u think bread, potatoes, chips, and other junk. But as something as simple as a white onion can over due your carb intake and there is no oops days. U go over your protein or carbs you will loose your ketosis and it takes about 2 days or 3 to get into ketosis. So pretty much you need to stay on track every day.
  • PGHks
    TallGent66 wrote: »

quiksylver296 - great abs! (I'll never have at 6'6", mid 50s.) But I can hike 700' uo and back now, no problemo. Progress.

• ConH12
    ConH12 Posts: 37 Member
    I tried Keto 3x lasted 3 weeks I couldn’t do it, I missed carbs. I carb cycle it works best for me. Friend me and we can support each other.
  • PGHks
    It wasn’t so much the carbs I missed. It was how stricted everything was. And how a simple mistake or cheat can throw you out of keto.