Vegan and 100lbs to loose

I’m Jess! I’ve been doing my best to be vegan for about two years but I’ve actually gained weight durring that time. Do you know how much good vegan junk food there is? So much and it’s delicious. I’m now at about 280lbs and daily life has started to become more difficult. So I’m working on it.
I see a lot of keto people in here but where my vegans??? Haha

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Check out the Happy Herbivores group. I definitely gained a lot of weight as a junk food vegan back in the day (and there were a lot fewer options then). Not vegan anymore, but still vegetarian and have been for over a decade now.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    I'm not vegan, but regardless of what diet you follow, this thread might be helpful:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Welcome!
  • mtsprout
    mtsprout Posts: 20 Member
    I'm vegan and have lost about 36 lbs in the past 5 months (goal of 60-75lb weight loss). It can be done and you can stay vegan, but yeah, that junk food really gets you!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,992 Member
    I'm WFPB. If you focus on making your diet more plant based there is less room for the vegan junk food :)
  • latinavegana
    latinavegana Posts: 10 Member
    cathipa wrote: »
    I'm WFPB. If you focus on making your diet more plant based there is less room for the vegan junk food :)

This! I've been WFPB for about 5 days and the weight has been melting off!
  • vaultcandyofficial
    vaultcandyofficial Posts: 1 Member
    What is WFPB?
  • jaifeiertag
    jaifeiertag Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2019
    Peanut butter & jelly and boxed vegan mac and cheese are like MY WEAKNESS. The biggest problem ive honestly had sticking to whole foods is just preparation time. Im lazy and I gotta figure out how to STOP that haha
  • jaifeiertag8412
    jaifeiertag8412 Posts: 7 Member
    ^^^ Was me attempting to answer on computer with the wrong username XD
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    What is WFPB?

Whole food plant based.
  • lovejulez03
    lovejulez03 Posts: 139 Member
    I jist started a couple weeks ago, with a few bad days with some cheese and sour cream. Ive lost 12 lbs (half is probbaly water weight) and im hardly hungry and my blood sugar is better than when i was eating meat and cheese and exercising AND counting calories. Don't give up. Im struggling with missing cheese and sour cream on tacos and salads and fajitas and stuff..thats how mch i love cheese lol i am also trying to stay away from vegan junk food but im not 100% yet, still happy with my results so far. Dont crave sugar as much since im getting it from the fruits.