Left for vacation at 300 lbs with a goal to maintain for a week

I went on vacation to my in-laws' for 8 days including a total of 3 days driving. We ate out most every night except the one night I made dinner. I didn't have access to a scale all week and I was 300.8 lbs the day we left. I logged everything and I was a "good kid" on the trip, mostly. We did a lot of walking and sightseeing on our trip and accourding to my smartwatch, my steps averaged around 18000/day for the week. I also spent several hours playing in the pool with my kids instead of just sitting around. I must have burned off a lot of extra calories. I expected to have maintained or at most put on a pound or two. The morning after we got back, I weighed in at 291! I was waiting to mark when I was under 300 for the first time in about 17 years and I blew right past it! I started this journey nearly a year ago and if I can drop 4 more pounds by 7/22, I will have lost an average of 10 pounds per month for an entire year. I don't really have an end goal in mind, mostly just "get healthy". It is working and I have never felt better!

Replies

• stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Congratulations!!!! :) You found part of the secret. Just move. Playing in the pool and walking count. Keep up the great job.
  • MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    WHOA!!!!! Congratulations, that's fantastic!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Very inspiring accomplishment! Congratulations! To lose weight while on vacation is an exceptionally, amazing feat!
    Very well done for the past year OP!
  • turnitaroundat40
    turnitaroundat40 Posts: 193 Member
    Yay for you! Maybe an excuse for more holidays ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!