What's your go to protein?

Replies

• EliseTK1
    EliseTK1 Posts: 479 Member
    Eggs, flavored tuna packets, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, chickpeas, lentils, Rx Bars, nuts, veggies especially broccoli, chicken, salmon and other fish, whey powder smoothies, Chillycow ice cream, Morning Star burgers, string cheese, hard cheeses, and surprisingly the Xtreme Wellness low-carb/low-cal tortillas (50 kcal, 4 g protein and delicious!)
  • MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    Chicken and Greek yogurt. I have one or the other pretty much every day.

Same plus whey protein and eggs
  • jiggyj9
    jiggyj9 Posts: 90 Member
    Seafood (cod, tuna, salmon most regularly) and plant proteins
  • tpg22
    tpg22 Posts: 7 Member
    GNC banana milk shake protein powder mixed with a vanilla yogurt, milk and sometimes peanut butter.
  • Mcwi3681
    Mcwi3681 Posts: 67 Member
    billkansas wrote: »
    Wondering how the daily chicken eaters cook their chicken? I'd like to eat chicken daily but can't imagine cooking it often enough to do that. Maybe you're eating (pre-cooked) chicken lunch meat or something like that?

I grill up a few pounds at a time then portion it out into a single servings and freeze it. I use it on salads mostly for lunch.
  • bosque1234
    bosque1234 Posts: 60 Member
    Wondering how the daily chicken eaters cook their chicken? I'd like to eat chicken daily but can't imagine cooking it often enough to do that. Maybe you're eating (pre-cooked) chicken lunch meat or something like that?

I don't eat chicken daily, but frequently. I also do eggs, protein powder and whey. But when I cook it, I always start from fresh chicken, not processed. I bake it often with spices, garlic and some olive oil. Sometimes in skillet on stovetop, saute, lemon, spices. I find if I choose it raw I know where it's coming from and what's been added. My entire new start at diet and weight loss depends on cooking. I haven't cooked this much in years-but for me it's the only way I'm going to succeed. And only 50 days into this, it's working. Unless you have a great income and can afford pre-made high quality meals you buy, cooking seems to be a key to success.
  • bosque1234
    bosque1234 Posts: 60 Member
    Forgot to add, I always cook more chicken than for one meal so leftovers are in fridge to add to salads, sandwiches, etc.
  • justanotherjenn
    justanotherjenn Posts: 64 Member
    Protein shakes, tuna, eggs, chicken, nut butter, cottage cheese, cheddar.
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    Greek yogurt, eggs, assorted meats and fish, protein powders (mostly vegan now, trying to avoid whey because of digestive issues) in smoothies and bars, nut butters, nuts, oats, cheese (trying to limit intake though), fruits and vegetables.
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 247 Member
    Collagen hydrolysate, chicken, beef, pork loin, egg, goat or sheep cheese, peanut butter. I have allergies/intolerances to cow milk, all the good nuts, and legumes except for peanuts.
  • magairlin
    magairlin Posts: 93 Member
    Chicken, tuna, salmon and eggs. Eggs are great. They are tasty and make you feel full
  • MollyJE19
    MollyJE19 Posts: 67 Member
    edited July 2019
    Tuna, salmon, flounder, chicken, eggs, and PB2/soymilk smoothies.

ETA beans/rice/lentils/quinoa.
  • NationalCapital
    NationalCapital Posts: 108 Member

The Instant Pot cooks any type of meat really fast. It takes approximately 9 minutes to cook chicken breast (after it heats up). I love it :)
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member

I season the chicken breasts and put it in my rice cooker. Cook on fast mode and 15,20 min later it's done. Basically steamed. Then cube it up and store in airtight container, use it for salad topper for sides, whatever. I also would grill thighs and keep it handy for whatever when we have the grill going. It's just easy when the cooking is done. Have it ready in the fridge or in freezer.
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member

@billkansas , search YouTube for videos on meal prepping. Here's the one I started with

https://youtu.be/ya_uIbpH0Zc
  • TallGent66
    TallGent66 Posts: 84 Member
    A frozen talapia pack; 110 calories, 19G protein per serving. Microwave.
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    I'd like to thank everyone for the chicken cooking ideas. I pulled out my old Instant Pot and put frozen chicken breasts (from Walmart), some chicken broth, and some spices (yes, I spiced the chicken frozen) and set it for 11 minutes, and then let it sit for 10 minutes in the pot after cooking (not dissipating pressure for 10 minutes). The chicken came out tender and pretty delicious (per Google search you should adjust cooking time based on the size of the breast/chicken portions).

I'm going to keep trying and experimenting with some of the ideas above. Thank you!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    edited July 2019
    Eggs, milk, yogurt, chicken, beef, pork, tuna, cottage cheese, salmon...
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Lately it's fish. Salmon, sole, baramundi, tuna.
    I have these Ahi tuna steaks...so I think tonight I'm gonna do a stir fry (soba, veggies) and a teriyaki tuna steak.
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    eggs, cottage cheese, greek yogurt