Why are you single? 🤔

Replies

• THS2HASPASSED
    THS2HASPASSED Posts: 1,055 Member
    2, 5, 7

Plus lack of available options in my area. And I'm too tall. And I want an actual relationship, not a hook up. I think I'm just undateable.

@_BlahBlah_BlackSheep_ my life exactly. Too tall, too big and I want a relationship not just someone that wants to get to know me, not just my wallet LOL... I too feel undateable!
  • missjck2
    missjck2 Posts: 146 Member
    7. For now anyways, divorced a little over a yr now. Also not interested in my "local" options. Living on an island in Alaska isn't exactly helping LOL.
  • daniellam01
    daniellam01 Posts: 2,583 Member
    missjck2 wrote: »
    7. For now anyways, divorced a little over a yr now. Also not interested in my "local" options. Living on an island in Alaska isn't exactly helping LOL.

That's cool. I'm in Arizona. I'm hot and your cold. Opposites do attract 😉.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited July 2019
    I was mostly single for 15 years, and I find that list kinda insulting.

Personally, I was single because I had no inclination to settle for someone who didn't make me incredibly happy and give me the vast quantities of adoration and support that I feel entitled to. Waiting paid off, because I'm now living out the happily ever after with a good looking man, 12 years my junior, who enjoys bodybuilding and has a massive *ahem* personality B)

Don't ever feel like you should settle!
  • Naturally_Monica
    Naturally_Monica Posts: 335 Member
    8. Plus, my schedule is too busy to be with someone and give them the attention they deserve.
  • missjck2
    missjck2 Posts: 146 Member
    missjck2 wrote: »

That's cool. I'm in Arizona. I'm hot and your cold. Opposites do attract 😉.

Indeed they do Arizona 😌
  • Because I only seem to attract people that lead me on and because I usually catch feelings quickly I’ve decided just to isolate myself from dating to save my own mental health. I’d rather be alone than be someone’s second best or used as a thing to cure boredom until the next person comes along. I have a lot of respect for myself and I’m not settling for just anyone. I’ve noticed they always end up contacting me a few weeks/months down the line when it hasn’t worked out with others. Like nahhhhh go away ✋🏻

You should always be someone's number one, never number two... Ever. Period.

Sometimes the best is when the person is like your best friend.
  • amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member
    I think I keep picking the wrong guys...

But lately I feel like something is wrong with me.

I literally have no idea anymore.
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member

Nothing is wrong with you! It's just REALLY hard out there these days. :'(
  • amyjsparkles
    Cutemesoon wrote: »

It reallyyyy is. And I don't understand why. So many people are lonely but then they can't find a good match.
  • Cutemesoon
    Because I only seem to attract people that lead me on and because I usually catch feelings quickly I’ve decided just to isolate myself from dating to save my own mental health. I’d rather be alone than be someone’s second best or used as a thing to cure boredom until the next person comes along. I have a lot of respect for myself and I’m not settling for just anyone. I’ve noticed they always end up contacting me a few weeks/months down the line when it hasn’t worked out with others. Like nahhhhh go away ✋🏻

I felt ALL of this deep within my soul!
    giphy.gif
  • Cutemesoon

It reallyyyy is. And I don't understand why. So many people are lonely but then they can't find a good match.

I think it's because no matter how horrible people are these days, they always seem to feel like they have choices. No reason to build with someone cuz the next best thing is right around the corner. Then the nice people are left with no one worthwhile to date.
  • amyjsparkles

I think it's because no matter how horrible people are these days, they always seem to feel like they have choices. No reason to build with someone cuz the next best thing is right around the corner. Then the nice people are left with no one worthwhile to date.

I feel this. People always think someone better is out there. I like to be in it for the long haul. People don't always get along perfectly but you take the good with the bad and work through things.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    edited July 2019

I feel this. People always think someone better is out there. I like to be in it for the long haul. People don't always get along perfectly but you take the good with the bad and work through things.

Thank you for finally putting into words
  • amyjsparkles
    mattig89ch wrote: »

Thank you for finally putting into words

• Xiao_Ya_
    Xiao_Ya_ Posts: 495 Member
    edited July 2019
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    I'm single because I lost my husband, my soulmate, to ALS a year ago. ❤

There are some amazing people in this thread. I just wanted to say that there ARE great people out there waiting to meet you. You are someone's person. You just need to believe in yourself, put yourself out there and, most importantly, don't settle.

This speaks deeply. I thank you for saying this and I know that the pain doesn't really go away. I lost my soulmate to suicide last year on New Year's Day. <3
    (I can't forgive myself, and I'm afraid that if I open up... it'll happen again. I don't deserve anybody.)