Nancy's Keto meatloaf

I saw this in the add food section and I am not sure how to find the recipe for it. Any help and thank you!

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited July 2019
    This is old, but we've been making a keto meatloaf.

I was under the impression that bread crumbs hold meatloaf together. But my meatloaves have been staying together without them.

I beat an egg, add 1lb ground beef, sometimes I add 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, sometimes I add finely diced veggies (onion, peppers, garlic, or mushrooms), season with salt and pepper to taste. Optional: basil, oregano, etc. Mix all--well with spoon, form into loaf in loaf pan or small glass baking dish, cover outside of loaf with 2-4 tbsp tomato sauce. Lightly salt and pepper top. Throw in oven 350 for an hour. Let cool.

I know these groups aren't very active, and the posts are a little older, but I still like posting recipes for other newbies like myself, on here looking for recipes or meal ideas.
  • robinshelledy
    robinshelledy Posts: 1 Member
    This is old, but we've been making a keto meatloaf.

I was under the impression that bread crumbs hold meatloaf together. But my meatloaves have been staying together without them.

I beat an egg, add 1lb ground beef, sometimes I add 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, sometimes I add finely diced veggies (onion, peppers, garlic, or mushrooms), season with salt and pepper to taste. Optional: basil, oregano, etc. Mix all--well with spoon, form into loaf in loaf pan or small glass baking dish, cover outside of loaf with 2-4 tbsp tomato sauce. Lightly salt and pepper top. Throw in oven 350 for an hour. Let cool.

I know these groups aren't very active, and the posts are a little older, but I still like posting recipes for other newbies like myself, on here looking for recipes or meal ideas.

I just wanted to Thank you for posting recipes...I like them
  • isyvanek
    isyvanek Posts: 1,039 Member
    Same here. Thanks Emmapatterson! I must admit I haven't been here for a while. Hard to find time sometimes.

I make a meatloaf with a pound of extra lean grass fed beef or ground turkey. I have found that I don't need breadcrumbs or egg. I just use the meat, add diced onions, celery, bell pepper, jalapeno, salsa, various spices of choice and some pepper jack cheese. Bake for 1 hour at 350. Delicious!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    isyvanek wrote: »
    Same here. Thanks Emmapatterson! I must admit I haven't been here for a while. Hard to find time sometimes.

I make a meatloaf with a pound of extra lean grass fed beef or ground turkey. I have found that I don't need breadcrumbs or egg. I just use the meat, add diced onions, celery, bell pepper, jalapeno, salsa, various spices of choice and some pepper jack cheese. Bake for 1 hour at 350. Delicious!

Sounds really good!!!