Went hard for a year and fell off, but here I am!

Hey what’s up everyone, my name is jay!

I Had a solid meal plan and worked out almost every day for a good year and got super strong and managed to get my body fight percentage to a low preteen 13-15%

Unfortunately I got back into some old habits (alcohol) and my diet went to complete *bleep* stopped hitting the gym and gained like 20lbs in a matter of months, lol.

But here I am! Ready to get back into shape, gain the strength I sadly lost, and get back into hitting macros again.

If you can relate feel free to shine in

(Decided to copy and paste it here. I originally wrote this in the introducing your self section )

Replies

• hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Been there done that
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,538 Member
    Way to go, you got this!
  • hoops1888
    hoops1888 Posts: 93 Member
    Hey dieharder! I’m kind of in the same boat in that I was on track for about a year then fell off the wagon. Now gained a stone and trying to do starts and not managing past 3 days. It’s so gutting considering how well things went before. It’s good to know that other people struggle too and well done to you for coming back and not quitting.

We can and we will get back into that ‘roll’ we were on and this will be nothing more than a blip along the way.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Welcome back... You can get that 20 off in no time. :)

I think muscles have "memory" ..that's what a devoted weight lifter told me once. I saw him working out at the gym after he took a summer off..and he told me he could get back to his fighting weight and form easily because people who have lifted before and have been in shape can regain their strength after a long break easier than someone starting out. .. I dunno..maybe one of the exercise lifting experts can attest to that.