1200 calories...of rubbish!

ABHY7
ABHY7 Posts: 70 Member
edited July 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Need a kick in the *what's it*....Been trying to hit 1200 cals a day but failing miserably!! Need to ditch the alcohol. My quality of food is junk!!! Agggg.... the more I think about trying to be good, the more rubbish i eat!! So frustrating
Rant over 😏

Replies

• MohsenSALAH
    MohsenSALAH Posts: 182 Member
    U can't change if u keep ur self around the rubbish things u eating,
    Gotta start a new environment, feel the change embrace it, our demons lies in the same places we used to be thats why we keep changing and adapting
    U can do it, u just need an extra push o:)
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    What type of foods are you eating?
  • ABHY7
    1200 is really low. There really isn't room for much alcohol on 1200.

How tall are you? How much weight do you need to lose to get into a healthy BMI?

When I was drinking and eating around 1400, I had to be very careful to get in my nutrition before that glass of wine. I also really HAD to get exercise on any day I wanted to have drink, and I only had calorie room for *A* drink. Drinking also caused me to make poor food choices.

Good luck.

Thanks, I'm 5ft 4 inches, BMI is 26 and I'm trying to lose a stone!
    Bloody hard, cannot seem to stick to goal.
    Do you think it's too low? I work out 3 times a week doing weight training, suit st desk most of the day!
  • ABHY7
    edited July 2019
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

Crave bread, crackers, salty chips, crisps!! Always try low cal options...
    Stupidly tried these weight loss sachets ( take before meals)... didn't do anything but mess up my metabolism.
    Been trying unsuccessfully to lose this weight for couple of years now!
  • ABHY7
    edited July 2019
    ABHY7 wrote: »

How tall are you? How much weight do you need to lose to get into a healthy BMI?

When I was drinking and eating around 1400, I had to be very careful to get in my nutrition before that glass of wine. I also really HAD to get exercise on any day I wanted to have drink, and I only had calorie room for *A* drink. Drinking also caused me to make poor food choices.

Good luck.

Do you think it's too low? I work out 3 times a week doing weight training, suit st desk most of the day!

Yes, I think 1200 is too low at your height and weight.

Go back to MY HOME > Goals and click "view guided setup." Set your goal to "Lose 0.25 kg per week (1/2 pound)."

When you exercise, add in "Exercise" and you'll be given a few more calories to eat. Even if you are sitting most of the day, I wouldn't choose "Sedentary" on this site, it is really too low in my experience. If you do housework or care for kids at home, there is no way you're sedentary.

If you make these changes you'll be given more calories, and it will be much easier to stick with.

Thank you, ill do that now!!
    . wow jumped to 1600... that seems alot
  • ABHY7

Crave bread, crackers, salty chips, crisps!! Always try low cal options...
    Stupidly tried these weight loss sachets ( take before meals)... didn't do anything but mess up my metabolism.
    Been trying unsuccessfully to lose this weight for couple of years now!

Do you like natural unprocessed foods at all? Fruit, veggies, fish, meats, eggs, cheeses, etc.?

Toss the low cal stuff. They usually are high in something else you don't want in your body.

Yes, i like all those foods...But when hungover, typically I reach for the convenience foods. Alcohol is the devil😌
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member

Good luck.

Yes, I think 1200 is too low at your height and weight.

Go back to MY HOME > Goals and click "view guided setup." Set your goal to "Lose 0.25 kg per week (1/2 pound)."

When you exercise, add in "Exercise" and you'll be given a few more calories to eat. Even if you are sitting most of the day, I wouldn't choose "Sedentary" on this site, it is really too low in my experience. If you do housework or care for kids at home, there is no way you're sedentary.

If you make these changes you'll be given more calories, and it will be much easier to stick with.

Thank you, ill do that now!!
    . wow jumped to 1600... that seems alot

It's not. Here, enjoy: https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,974 Member
    I predict you would lose weight on 1200 calories of pure junk, even just 1200 calories of just alcohol. You'd probably lose on 1600 calories of pure junk/alcohol, too, as long as that's the calorie level MFP recommends.

You aren't likely to be healthy, though (at least not for long), if you do that; and your energy level will tank, and you won't be able to build/maintain strength or muscle through exercise (unless the junk includes plenty of protein junk ;) ).

But don't fall into the trap of thinking food is either "clean" (so OK) or "junk" (so not OK). Get enough protein, enough healthy fats . . . and it's fine if some of those come from fast food or whatever. Get some actual veggies and fruits (besides just potatoes) . . . but it's fine if some of those come from takeout veggie-rich curries or something like that.

And it's very likely you can lose weight at 1600 calories: I did, at age 59, 5'5", and BMI 25 and below (would now, at 63, BMI 22-point-something). And that would be eating back all (carefully estimated) exercise on top of the 1600.

Try it.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Wait, I'm 5ft 4 and I only get 1,360 calories a day, I add and eat back my exercise calories but should I be eating more?
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    If trying to be good is causing you problems stop trying to be whatever you think good is. Eat food you enjoy inside a calorie deficit and then start making small changes like adding fruits and vegetables. Allow yourself time to acclimate to the changes before you make more.

There is no actual weight loss reason why you can't have alcohol if you can make it fit and make any food you eat fit. Some people cannot make it work because a single drink always leads to more and the food choices afterwards are high calorie too. You have to decide if you can handle moderation.

Drinking is not part of my regular routine because I really do not want lower calorie options or just a tiny amount of what I really want to drink. I do indulge occasionally but I make a plan for it.
  • hounton
    hounton Posts: 9 Member
    Alcohol is my devil too. I'm listening to the podcast "taking a break" with rachel hart and it's really helped. My idea is to cut out alcohol while I'm losing and I'll try to add it back in in moderation when I do maintenence.