Accountabili-buddies

leahrose02
leahrose02 Posts: 4 Member
Hey all! Just checking in saying hello. I'm at a healthy weight and active but I started a new job a couple months ago (hello travelling and stress) and gained a few pounds and don't like the way it feels. Looking for a few friends to join me on my weight loss journey.

5'5" strength training 3 days/week cardio 4 days/week

CW: 141.6 146.0 (ouch I didn't realize how much I had gained)
GW: 130 ish, whenever it feels comfortable

1600 ish calories, low carb, high protein. High volume eating with lots of micronutrients

I'm also a registered dietitian so if you have any questions feel free to ask. I'm a firm believer in mindful eating and no to low processed food so take any advice I give knowing that is my bias.

Replies

• l4a_p
    l4a_p Posts: 241 Member
    If it's okay i'll add you! I do like to stalk other people's diary and be held accountable for my splurge days!

I do sorta what you do (lowcarb, but should get higher in protein), IF, cardio 3/week and bodyweight exercises every other day. Thinking of getting into more serious weight training when I reach my goal.
  • RosyDanielle
    RosyDanielle Posts: 99 Member
    I'd also love to be accounta-buddies :D I follow similar strategies to both you and @l4a_p (hi again! :p ); IF, minimal processed foods (although those weekends get me every time), cardio 2-3 times per week, currently doing Kelsey Wells' PWR 1.0 strength training program (so 4 strength session per week), struggle to reach my daily protein goal but am mindful of it, and love checking out others' diaries especially for meal ideas :) Wanting to lose about 5 kg (11 lbs).
    Will add you too if that's ok! :)
  • shirleylgaff
    shirleylgaff Posts: 1 Member
    I am exactly where you are right now. New(ish) job that stresses me out, CW:144, GW:130. I'll be a buddy. 😄
  • f1tafter40
    f1tafter40 Posts: 19 Member
    It’s been so long since I’ve posted here. I’ve been lax with my meal planning since returning from a Spring Break vacay, but consistent with my gym regimen. I plan to share my updated BMI and measurements in August. I need some social accountability!!!
  • l4a_p
    Okay, I did not now slight swear words would be redacted with "kitten"...
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 671 Member
    I have until August 7th to do as much as I can so I'm not horribly embarrassed to be seen on the beach. I welcome any accountability help.

Most mornings I ride one of my horses before work. Squeeze in a 30-40 yoga/Pilates session at lunch (no gym or showers) - I make due in my office. Summer evenings are killing me. I'm trying to cook healthy stuff when we're at home - then it's back outside - more horse stuff/garden/etc.

Give me suggestions for things I can add in at lunch. Currently on week 1 of Yoga Burn - it's about 16 min segments. So I've been working on planks, pushups, sit ups, triceps dips, stretches, sun salutations - for another 15 min. What's some more exercise I can do to focus on arms/abs?
  • CaityGracie67
    CaityGracie67 Posts: 64 Member
    Would love to have someway I could be accountable - how would accountability buddies work? (I'm a newbie haha)

166cm (5"5) 20y female
    CW: 60Kg
    GW: 55Kg (hopefully by 23/8?)
    UGW: 52Kg
    Exercise: Yoga once a week, daily walking, cardio 2x a week (currently transitioning into using the gym more)
    >Had got down to 55.4Kg on 21/6/19 but went away on holiday with family and have started overeating/binging since then. Would love to have some encouragement and any tips on dropping this weight and maintaining it! :)
  • Xiao_Ya_
    Xiao_Ya_ Posts: 495 Member
    Would love to have someway I could be accountable - how would accountability buddies work? (I'm a newbie haha)

I wonder the same thing? Keeping accountable is difficult, especially on camping trips when you bring snacky type food for 3-5 days. And there's no internet! But the rest of the days even, can sometimes be difficult...

I'm currently 102 lbs(46kg) and 4'11"(150cm). 18, and hope to get to at least 92 lbs(42kg). I exercise six out of seven days with a variety of strength training and cardio for about an hour-hour and a half daily.

I pretty much now just eat fruit and vegetables, with the occasional other thing. 1,200 calories is difficult to exact; I either eat like 650 or 1,800 lol
  • tvm1970
    tvm1970 Posts: 161 Member
    I’m aiming to lose 5kg/11lb before my wedding anniversary in November. 106 days and counting! I’d love to be part of a daily accountability thread. And feel free to add me 👍
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    I've been using the 'Juicy July' as a daily accountability thread this month - who's up for doing one in August? Put down your weekly exercise/food goals and see how we do?

I am! Thx! <3
  • l4a_p
    I had a pretty bad weekend foodwise: friday was a party, must have consumed near 3000kcal so... yay me. Saturday went out to dinner, made okay choices but still ate around maintenance. Only today was a good day. And no running because of that damn injury :( I am really scared of having to step on the scale tomorrow...
  • MichelleBeeFit
    MichelleBeeFit Posts: 3 Member
    How do I get added. Need motivation and accountability. Day 5 of clean eating. Low carb. High protein. Med fats. Hardest for me is sugar and sometimes bread.

Need motivation from like minded.

How does this work exactly?
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    l4a_p wrote: »
    I had a pretty bad weekend foodwise: friday was a party, must have consumed near 3000kcal so... yay me. Saturday went out to dinner, made okay choices but still ate around maintenance. Only today was a good day. And no running because of that damn injury :( I am really scared of having to step on the scale tomorrow...

Get the injury taken care of! Then you'll be back on track!
  • nicolevattimo4303
    nicolevattimo4303 Posts: 1 Member
    How do I get added. Need motivation and accountability. Day 5 of clean eating. Low carb. High protein. Med fats. Hardest for me is sugar and sometimes bread.

Need motivation from like minded.

How does this work exactly?
    Hi there. I’m new here. Would love to make some friends for inspiration and motivation. I’m trying to conquer emotional eating, and am very into working out. Specifically, weight lifting. But I need to find balance with my diet.

• Charm_84
    Charm_84 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm a couple of months into my journey now but could really use more accountability! I'm much better at maintaining an exercise routine than sticking to my calorie goal.

I'm currently 5'7 and 154lbs. I would love to get into the 130's again and stay there this time!

Feel free to add me :)
  • christy_lea
    christy_lea Posts: 1 Member
    Hello. I am back at this. 5'5, 160lbs approximate (Do not own a scale) Used MFP in past and lost about 30 lbs before starting CrossFit and putting it back on in muscle. Quit CrossFit 2.5 years ago when hit rough patch - divorce, etc, and slowly lost muscle and gained fat. I do not have a weight goal and I am not obsessed with the scale but I do know that I am currently not happy with my weight and how I look. Am looking for accountability partners to help motivate and help keep me motivated.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Welcome here @christy_lea !