Issue with exercise points?

Exercise points from fit bit look really off today, anyone else seeing that?

Replies

• ambertopaz75
    ambertopaz75 Posts: 20 Member
    Same. And yesterdays disappeared
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    They seem unusually high today.
  • mtd157
    mtd157 Posts: 6 Member
    Mine were low, adjustment was 112, jumped to 600
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,465 Member
    Yesterday I was given my adjustment twice
  • QoLmatters
    QoLmatters Posts: 708 Member
    My Garmin adjustments disappeared late yesterday.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yep.. wonky today.. gave me 12 earlier.. then doubled.. now seems normal.
  • mtd157
    All my points disappeared from yesterday, anyone know what’s going on?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    MFP is randomly reporting excercises twice from my Apple Watch. No rhyme or reason. Just hit or miss the past few days.
  • mtd157
    Adjustment points are now wrong again for yesterday, pretty frustrating. Anyone know how to calculate it manually with Fitbit data?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    mtd157 wrote: »
    Adjustment points are now wrong again for yesterday, pretty frustrating. Anyone know how to calculate it manually with Fitbit data?

Fitbit gives you your TDEE.
    At midnight this becomes a final number.
    TDEE - SELECTED deficit = what you get to eat and still have the deficit.
    You can setup an "eating plan" on Fitbit and it will show you if you're eating too much or too little above or below that plan. That's probably the easiest thing to do if integration is not working.

Beyond TDEE-Selected deficit, the calculation gets more complicated when it comes to integration and what you see on a minute by minute basis.

MFP and Fitbit come to a final adjustment at midnight. The issue is because MFP calculates your activity level as a constant and splits the calories evenly over the 1440 minutes of the day.

Thus MFP assumes you are burning BMR calories * AF (=1.25/1.4/1.6/1.8 depending on your selection) per minute of being alive whereas Fitbit assumes you only burn BMR calories *1 per minute where it does not detect any movement. But when Fitbit detects movement it estimates an AF per each 5 minute increment and assigns calories according to that.

So when you're active Fitbit calories go up fast; but when inactive you start losing calories as compared to MFP. To further complicate things if you enter a manual activity on MFP that gets added to your MFP calories on one side and also REPLACES whatever MFP had detected during that same time period!

HOWEVER, in terms of Fitbit and MFP you may just want to look at your exercise adjustment. The past couple of days my eye has caught a double adjustment. Just delete the older one and you will probably have relatively correct data.