Beachbody Newbie

I am beginning my weight loss journey and just got a trial of Beachbody on Demand. I'm starting with Country Heat which is really fun!

I've noticed that most of the BB programs require daily workouts for a set period of time. I want to mix up my workout routine to include swimming, hiking, etc with home BB workouts maybe 2x/week. Does anyone else do this? Or is it best to follow the BB programs daily the way they're meant to be?

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Sure. When I was using BB on Demand and Core de Force, I was doing that. The programs are nice in that they are usually meant to be a self contained full body workout program, but they don't have to be followed that way. You can either do the plan slower (follow their 30 days but just move to a new day whenever you do a workout, not by calendar day), or just do your favorite workouts whenever you want to fit them in your schedule.
  • dloewen17
    dloewen17 Posts: 52 Member
    I think the BB programs are great workouts and they are designed the way they are for many reasons but one being marketing. It’s cool to say that in only 60 or 90 days you can get lean and fit. But the weight loss journey is about dieting and activity. Clean up the diet and just go be active. I’m doing P90X3 currently and I’m about 2 months in but only on week 5. Thing here is just don’t believe you’re behind then. I do construction for a living so there are days when I’m super active at work and just need rest when I get home. Or get busy in the summer sometimes and can’t workout everyday. My thinking is do the program when you can at home but also go out and do the other activities like biking or hiking that are so fun but also great workouts.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Yes. I follow the BB schedule of workouts, but take swimming or Crossfit classes 4 nights per week.