Getting way too many calories from exercise after changing my beginning weight/date

loralye211
loralye211 Posts: 29 Member
edited July 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
Can anyone help me? When I weighed myself on Sunday, I noticed that mfp was basing it on my initial 2013 starting weight of 210 lbs. I went into goals and changed it to reflect when I started dieting this year: 2/28/19 at 185lbs. Now I’m getting a crazy amount of exercise calorie “credits” for steps:

Thur: 13,659 steps ~ 616 cal
Fri: 18,314 steps ~ 733 cal
Sat: 4,765 steps ~ 52 cal
(Changed my starting info on Sunday morning)
Sun: 11,223 steps. ~ 879 cal
Mon: 15,380 steps ~ 1,213 cal

Replies

• jessiedawn8400
    jessiedawn8400 Posts: 37 Member
    Are you set as sedentary? If so, those adjustments aren't high with that many steps. Also, it's and adjustment for your daily calories, not specific amount of steps. MFP thinks you burn less than you did when you were heavier, that's why the adjustments are larger now than before. You can click on the adjustment to get the detail of the math it's coming up with for those.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yeah I would check your activity level might be you've dropped that lower than you were before when you went through the guided set up.

It does look based on Saturday's as though you've set it to Sedentary.

If you're averaging 10000+ you should really be set to at the very least Active, this will increase your base calorie goal but decrease you adjustments.