Male 20- body fat % guesstimate?

Hello,
I am currently in a cut and have dropped around 16 lbs so far (very pleased and going very well). I intend to stop and then bulk once I hit 12 % body fat.

Can you perhaps guess where I would be atm so that I can quantify how many weeks it is likely to take me from now.

I am 5ft10, 180lbsez640sje258r.jpeg
i5v6gjz4z4ki.jpeg

Replies

• TallGent66
    TallGent66 Posts: 84 Member
    How long did it take to lose the weight?

Good job.
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    I would say around 18-20%
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Would guess around 20 - 23%.
    Hard to estimate at this range, no muscle separation let alone definition, no vascularity.
    (BTW - best to include legs if you repeat this exercise as they can be very significant in overall muscularity/fat percentage.)

But good news is that as you drop under 20% and towards 15% small changes in fat loss will result in very marked differences in appearance. Well done on loss so far and keep going.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    I'm at 18.8 percent according to a fairly recent DXA-Scan and this is what my abs look like:

jmn3c9qoj2o7.jpeg

So, I disagree with @giancarlov1191 who estimated 18-20 percent.

Drawing from my experience of having three DXA-Scans since beginning my current fitness, health and wellness journey, I'm going to stick my neck out and say 25 percent as my estimate.

The good news is that with dialed-down precision nutrition and a quality weightlifting program, you'll chisel your body and melt the fat quicker than a cube of butter in a hot frying pan. And, you've got youth on your side so enjoy your youth and chase the fitness and body appearance of your dreams.

Wishing you the best.

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    edited July 2019
    I would say 20 to 23 myself

Awesome job so far!

No reason to wait for a bulk to strength train, if that's what you're doing.

• patrickconradgorton
    patrickconradgorton Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks for all your comments. 20-23% sounds right based on your comments. As I am now 180lbs that would indicate that I need to be getting down close to 150lbs. Is that normal as it’s my first cut as I currently fit medium clothing etc so I am just worried that I am going to end up looking very small haha. My main aim is not to bulk I just want to be lean and chiseled.
  • patrickconradgorton
    patrickconradgorton Posts: 7 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I would say 20 to 23 myself

Awesome job so far!

No reason to wait for a bulk to strength train, if that's what you're doing.

I am currently following a 5 day workout regime hitting each muscle group with 3 Hiit cardio per week. I also do intermittent cardio with one hour eating window and 1700 calories as I’m busy during the day and this has been working for me. Aim to hit 140g protein each day but not to hung up the other macros atm.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Over 25%. And I usually assess people daily using both a Bod Pod and the less accurate In Body for assessing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    I'm at 18.8 percent according to a fairly recent DXA-Scan and this is what my abs look like:

jmn3c9qoj2o7.jpeg

So, I disagree with @giancarlov1191 who estimated 18-20 percent.

Drawing from my experience of having three DXA-Scans since beginning my current fitness, health and wellness journey, I'm going to stick my neck out and say 25 percent as my estimate.

The good news is that with dialed-down precision nutrition and a quality weightlifting program, you'll chisel your body and melt the fat quicker than a cube of butter in a hot frying pan. And, you've got youth on your side so enjoy your youth and chase the fitness and body appearance of your dreams.

Wishing you the best.

Makes sense.