Yay! I've lost weight!

bekahlou75
bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
I posted in the introduction thread, but here's my info:
Height: 5'4"
SW: 166
CW: 164
GW: 150-155

So I started this a week ago and I've lost 1.6 pounds. I can look at myself and see the loss so I think it's more. I have a non-functioning thyroid and even with proper meds my metabolism is minimal. I also can walk by a salt shaker and retain water. ;)
I am not following this diet as strictly as others on here. I would like for this to me a forever lifestyle change, not just a temporary thing. I drink my coffee with sugar-free french vanilla cream (about 45-50 calories) and I drink wine about 3 times a week. Those things are not going to change so I don't want to eliminate them now, lose tons of weight, just to regain it. I eat a normal meal at dinner time between 6 and 8. I tend to eat more towards low carb, just because I know that protein and fat will keep me feeling fuller for longer.
I know it seems like I am super overweight but I'm really not. I weigh more than other people my height. Clothing size now is 10/12. At 150 pounds I am a comfortable size 6. I starved myself in to a size 4 about 10 years ago and I weighed 145. I think that155 is probably maintainable if I continue to use calorie restriction with OMAD.

Good luck to you guys and I'll update you when I weigh again.

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    That's great. Get sunlight, stay active, and walk. Your metabolism will be compelled to cooperate, if just slower than others.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Looking forward to following your journey!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    NICE JOB! With so little to lose, it might be slow loss, but like you said - MAINTAINABLE! I plan to OMAD forever too, because it's just so easy, requires very little thought, allows you to participate in social events, and lets me eat what I want - great start, keep it up!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Awesome job :) Keep up the good work! :)
  • bekahlou75
    SW: 166
    CW: 161.5
    GW: 150-155

So I've lost 5.5 pounds! I am super excited about this progress.
  • volgirl1322
    Congrats that is awesome!!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Look at that!!! Nice big drop! WOOHOO! Great work!
  • jadepearl
    Congrats on your 5.5lbs liss👍😘❤️ Keep up the good work 👍
  • bekahlou75
    We went out last night and had wings and beer for dinner, so I didn't weigh this morning. I knew there would be some water retention. I am going to weigh tomorrow morning and I really think I might be in the 150's. Even if it's 159.9, I'll be so happy. 155 was my safe first goal, but this is going so great I think I'll no longer have a goal weight. I'm just going to go until it stops!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    That's what I did! I've been chasing the 140s daily since I "made that decision" and I have no idea why...I'm happy with my "size" and have some wish list items for shape, but I don't need to lose anymore
  • jadepearl
    Right now, I just have to see the number 50 on my weighing scale. I tried to tell myself that I look good enough now but it's not working yet. I will get there🤞 Glad to hear that you and Steph are both not chasing after any GW as you guys have reach it. Congrats❤️🥰
  • bekahlou75
    This morning I was a total 6.6 pounds lighter, but I think it's actually more. I wore a dress to work today that I haven't been able to wear for about 4 years. I wore my bikini yesterday and looked pretty good. I feel really good too.
  • mistymeadows2005
    NICE BABE! Sounds like you've got a good grasp on it at this point! Some "pounds" gave me more inch loss than others - the last 10 pounds I loss "showed" as much as the previous 30, I'm not kidding LOL

Keep up the good work babe! Keep us updated!!!
  • jadepearl
    Congrats on your 6.6lbs loss! :+1: I just love it when you can fit into smaller clothes...victory :) Keep up the good work <3
  • bekahlou75
    So I've been doing this for a month now and I've lost 7-10 pounds....depending on when I step on the scale. That is with a few glasses of wine each week. Starting today, I am cutting out the wine and I will see what a difference it makes.
  • mistymeadows2005
    7-10 pounds in a month is EXCELLENT!!! keep up the great work! :)
  • volgirl1322
    WOW that is totally awesome!!!! Cheers to you!!! :p
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Great results!
  • jadepearl
    Amazing job! Congrats! :)
  • bekahlou75
    As of 8/23 I am officially down 10 pounds. I weighed the same two days in a row, so I know it's real. Over the weekend, I went to a shrimp boil and I ate pork bbq at my parent's yesterday, so today I was 5 1/2 pounds heavier but I know it's just water. I took a water pill this morning so I should be back down tomorrow. I'm so happy!!!!