Approaching Maintenance

brittlb07
brittlb07 Posts: 313 Member
edited July 2019 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
I am a 30 year old, 5’4’’ female of small frame with two kiddos. I started 2019 at 146 and I am now down to 122. While my original goal was 120, I am not happy yet and plan to aim for 115-118. Not much muscle.

Anyways... at 1250 calories I am lucky to lose a pound every two weeks now that I’m at the end, so I am thinking I am still about two months from full maintenance. I’ve been in losing weight mode so long that I don’t even know how to approach this! Is there a way to figure out how many calories I should eat to maintain at that point? I have a very polarizing all or nothing eating behavior so the thought of not actively losing weight really worries me... like I’ll creep back to 146 in a blink.

I am new to this thread so perhaps there are already a lot of helpful posts that answer my questions. But I’d love to hear inspiration or suggestions from others close to my weight etc.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    There's a thread here discussing various approaches to figuring out maintenance calories:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10638211/how-to-find-your-maintenance-calorie-level/