Cottage Cheese Recipes Please - NO I DON'T WANT TO CHECK PINTEREST, I WANT YOURS!

Replies

• meredith1629
    meredith1629 Posts: 17 Member
    https://momfoodie.com/low-carb-spanakopita-cottage-cheese-casserole/

How I alter the recipe:
    *Use a whole onion
    *Use whole eggs
    *Use regular cottage cheese instead of whipped
    *Add wayyyy more dill and garlic
    *Add cheddar cheese to the top 15 minutes before it's done and then broil it at the end
    *Works just as well with kale (not sure about other greens)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,589 Member
    I just made cottage cheese lasagna. Fry up some ground beef and toss in a jar of commercial tomato sauce. Layer tomato/meat sauce, then dry lasagna sheets, then cottage cheese. Let stand for 4 hours so that the pasta sheets absorb some moisture before baking 30 minutes covered with foil, then sprinkle grated hard cheese on top and bake for another 15 minutes. You can freeze these. Take out to defrost in the morning and cook as normal in the evening when defrosted.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Cottage cheese with frozen blueberries

Cottage cheese with walnuts, chia seeds, and cinnamon
  • Jenmeg1978
    Jenmeg1978 Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2019
    I just found a recipe for pancakes simply using cottage cheese, egg, and oatmeal. Looks good will have to try!https://hurrythefoodup.com/cottage-cheese-pancakes
  • wifeoferp
    wifeoferp Posts: 86 Member
    We use it as a dip for BBQ potato chips
  • livefreely12
    livefreely12 Posts: 71 Member
    I make blueberry cottage cheese overnight oats.
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 cup milk
    1/2 cup Quaker Oats
    1 tsp honey (or whatever sweetener you like)

Stir everything together, top with a sprinkle of sliced almonds and a big handful of blueberries. Stick in the fridge for at least 6 hours, but overnight is best. I usually load up on the blueberries and get 2 servings out of it. Makes a great quick breakfast or snack. :)
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Cottage cheese with either cinnamon or black pepper sprinkled in.
  • yxba
    yxba Posts: 33 Member
    I have a bowl of cottage cheese and I load it with banana peppers. Tastes great if you like spicy foods.
  • R_Bedard
    R_Bedard Posts: 91 Member
    I do not like cottage cheese. However, I tried cottage cheese pancakes and they were to die for! I will look for the recipe. But it was ground up oats, cottage cheese, cinnamon
  • jthillk
    jthillk Posts: 17 Member
    2 of my top ten foods to eat...
    Baked potato with butter topped with cottage cheese
    Cold pork and beans or warm baked beans topped with cottage cheese-yum
    We grew up eating cottage cheese as a "side dish" often served when we had spaghetti along with corn,
    or served with roast, carrots and potatoes.
  • How about some muffins? With the below quantities, it makes about 10 muffins

* 2 eggs
    * 1/2 cup while wheat flour
    * 25g raisins
    * 1 1/4 cup cottage cheese
    * a pinch of cinnamon
    * vanilla extract (optional)

Preheat oven to 180C. Mix all the ingredients well. Line oven pan with 10 paper muffin cups and divide the dough evenly among them. Bake for about 30 min, until the tops are slighly golden brown.
    Serve with yogurt, honey or blueberries

Enjoy :)
  • yxba
    yxba Posts: 33 Member
    How about some muffins? With the below quantities, it makes about 10 muffins

* 2 eggs
    * 1/2 cup while wheat flour
    * 25g raisins
    * 1 1/4 cup cottage cheese
    * a pinch of cinnamon
    * vanilla extract (optional)

Preheat oven to 180C. Mix all the ingredients well. Line oven pan with 10 paper muffin cups and divide the dough evenly among them. Bake for about 30 min, until the tops are slighly golden brown.
    Serve with yogurt, honey or blueberries

Enjoy :)

Whats the calorie breakdown on that?
  • Zodikosis
    Zodikosis Posts: 149 Member
    I think sweetened cottage cheese is nasty so I always use savory mix-ins. My current go-to is Cholula hot sauce, a bit of lime juice, and a few crushed up tortilla chips.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Zodikosis wrote: »
    I think sweetened cottage cheese is nasty so I always use savory mix-ins. My current go-to is Cholula hot sauce, a bit of lime juice, and a few crushed up tortilla chips.

That sounds like utter genius! I’ve only got maybe 15g left of a tub of fat free cottage cheese in the fridge, so I know I’m going to the nearest supermarket in the morning! It’ll be the closest thing to nachos that I’ve had in a very long time!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I really like a scoop of it on top of homemade spicy lentils or split peas.
  • fdhunt1
    fdhunt1 Posts: 222 Member
    Cottage cheese and diced onions & pepper. Maybe a shake of hot sauce on top.
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    I sauté or roast my favorite fresh veggies and then mix them with soyrizo. Then I layer brown rice, the veggie mixture, cottage cheese, and salsa. It’s AMAZING.
  • misslizzierod
    misslizzierod Posts: 57 Member
    Just tried this today to meet my carb and protein requirement and I'm soooo glad I did. It's sooooo good!

-1 slice Daves thin slice toasted bread or any bread
    -1/2 cup cottage cheese low-fat
    -1 tbsp honey

Macros:
    Cal:210
    Fat:3.5g
    Carbs:22.5
    Protein:16g

Tomorrow I'm having this with a side of egg whites for extra protein.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    My go to...

Cottage cheese, pumpkin puree, sliced banana, maple syrup and cinnamon...