New Discovery: Protein shuts down Fat burning

13»

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Dont know where I heard this ,but a great quote. " Genetics loads the gun... we pull the trigger." End quote...
  • TallGent66
    TallGent66 Posts: 84 Member
    edited July 2019
    nooboots wrote: »
    TallGent66 wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    Anecdotes aren't science.

If you accept what most of us learned in school that "energy can neither be created or destroyed" can you explain how any person in a genuine and personal energy deficit isn't going to be running down their energy stores over time?

Consider the young women I noted above. I'm not a scientist, they were both under doctor's care. Two individuals out of 1,000.

I agree many of most should be able to lose weight.

If you had a meal with my son you would be astounded by how much food he eats at one ... one eat so little and work so hard and not get skinny? He must be a special snowflake and a hard gainer.)[/i]

Casual and part-time observation of someone's eating habits simply isn't worthwhile evidence.

A hyper-thin, highly intelligent Asian woman spending every open minute in the Dining Commons isn't a ... ...
    oretically impossible. And yes, I also know 1 stick-thin Somoan woman.

Your Asian colleague could easily be bulimic, hence why she is under a doctor.

Possibly.

Interesting little item. My former skipper (amateur sailing) was an ex-Marine. Once a Marine, always a Marine.

He claimed a large weight gain of muscle during his entrance into the Marines by the time he came home for Christmas. His Mother was astounded at his weight gain in several months. He attributed it to their speciality, "Sh-t on a Shingle". Turns out it is a military thing.

Chipped beef, butter, flour, butter, pork and or bacon, gravy, milk, sometimes peas.

https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calories.asp?recipe=1524634

1 serving. 500 calories, 30 carbs, 32 Gs of protein.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,884 Member
    Anecdotes aren't science.

If you accept what most of us learned in school that "energy can neither be created or destroyed" can you explain how any person in a genuine and personal energy deficit isn't going to be running down their energy stores over time?

Consider the young women I noted above. I'm not a scientist, they were both under doctor's care. Two individuals out of 1,000.

I agree many of most should be able to lose weight.

If you had a meal with my son you would be astounded by how much food he eats at one sitting, especially if Dad is paying! (Anecdote - How can someone eat so much and stay slim and fit? He must have a super fast metabolism.)
    But if you spent a day with him working on a construction job you would wonder how he works so hard all day just drinking water and not eating anything. (Anecdote - How can someone eat so little and work so hard and not get skinny? He must be a special snowflake and a hard gainer.)

Casual and part-time observation of someone's eating habits simply isn't worthwhile evidence.

Yes, people who eat Thanksgiving dinner with my skinny mom marvel at her "fast metabolism".

However, if they were to follow her around all day long they would notice she is 1. incredibly active, 2. skips meals, and 3. some of her meals are high volume but low calorie.