Last film you saw...

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited July 2019
    Crawl I tend to like Barry Pepper after seeing him in 61*.

This movie made my skin crawl thinking about residents of Louisiana during Katrina. I tend to be on alert for invasive Komodo dragons, anacondas and completely forget about the efficient hunters of the dark and swampland.

Makes one rethink the one entry, one exit poin of basements and how expensive cleanup post hurricanes and burst levies must be.

I've been tempted to see this because wanted to see how they do a horror movie with a gator not in the sewers of NYC.

Might have to go check it out now.

If you have ever taken a swim in swampwater after a hurricane, this film brings it ALL back. The fear. The frustration. The grossed out feeling. Saving your dog. Be they white or black tipped or bull sharks,in a Pacific hurricane invading roads, the same adrenaline rush is engaged by these large alligators.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Arctic, with mads mikkelsen. survival film where he's stranded up in the snow and ice. really good.
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    I was going to see Crawl but I watched the trailer, and seeing that gash on the woman's leg made me feel queasy. Seeing that for an hour? No thanks.
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,490 Member
    Spider-Man Far from Home. Entertaining. Don’t leave until all the end credits are done.
  • spinnersue17
    spinnersue17 Posts: 4 Member
    Fishermans Friends...a great feel good film and set in lovely Cornwall.
  • The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_
    The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_ Posts: 2,069 Member
    Yesterday
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Sicario

Not sure why so many people loved it.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Aquaman. Not my type of movie but it kept my attention, even though I find Patrick Wilson 100X more attractive than Jason Momoa much to my friends' chagrin.

Also finished up Stranger Things 3, but that's not a movie.
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Vice, the Christian Bale movie.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    Arctic, with mads mikkelsen. survival film where he's stranded up in the snow and ice. really good.

He was hardcore. Enjoyed it! Thank you for the recommendation. 🙌
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    The Lion King (2019 Live action version)
  • kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    The Highwaymen, on Netflix. Basically the Bonnie and Clyde story from the perspective of those who killed them. Really interesting to see the other side of the famous folk heroes and the actual heroes who took them down.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    The Highwaymen, on Netflix. Basically the Bonnie and Clyde story from the perspective of those who killed them. Really interesting to see the other side of the famous folk heroes and the actual heroes who took them down.

i've been meaning to watch it. it's on my list. maybe this weekend
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    awaiting instructions. boring. very boring. didn't even finish it
    mary poppins returns. better than i thought it would be. much closer to the poppins books
    spiderman into the spiderverse. i didn't like it to start. thought it was boring. but by the end i was hooked.
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    Nice & entertaining. great role by Matthew McConaughey & Idris Elba
    wc899kjseb20.jpg
  • Alia_R
    Alia_R Posts: 410 Member
    IT.
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Being John Malkovich
  • The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_
    The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_ Posts: 2,069 Member