What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Another fairly quiet day for me waiting in for an electrician.

30min Personal training. Little circuit that started with 50 squats and included burpees.

2.5mile bike ride to

45min circuits

2.5mile ride back home
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2019
    Harder longer interval day. 4 X 8 minutes. Wasn't sure going into it that I had it in me this week all on the rower. Ended up doing 3 sets of 8 minutes on the rower, then doing an 8 minute set on the AirDyne Pro (@ 235 Watt Avg.). Was trying not to exceed (by much) 90% of Max HR.

By the way, one of the toughest rowing sessions out there. Didn't completely complete it, but close enough and effective enough to grow Anaerobic Threshold and improve VO2 Max. Went back and looked at my numbers from this workout last week. I averaged 2:07.6. Think I could have bested that but I would way exceeded 90% of Max on that last set and probably took a toll on me for days.

lrrtk86y5j7q.png

7aejdkgles5w.jpg
    yvwvvt4wqqhn.jpg
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    7/18/2019 - a much needed rest day and enjoying it.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Bi’s and tri’s, squats, jump rope
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Last night- 60 minute Krav Maga class
    Today- 1 mile walk
    Deadlifts 2x12
    Pushups 2x15
    Lunges 2x12
    One arm DB rows 2x7
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited July 2019
    Just got done with an easy group ride on Zwift. I wanted to ride but knew that it would be a bad plan to just let myself loose without some sort of strong impetus to not go all out, thus a group ride it was. It was great until 5 min before it finished when the battery in my power meter got just low enough to cause an impressive drop out.

Oh well - it was a good ride none the less and I don't feel especially worn out (especially given that I ate dinner right afterwards).
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    Today’s workout was a slow, hot 19 mile bike ride.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    It's going to be a very hot day so I'm up early to get in 5 miles before the sun gets too bright.

Then it's a nice Pilates and deep stretching session later today.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    edited July 2019
    16 July
    Lifted weights. It was a very mediocre session, main lift was 3x5 squat (80 kgs) which went well; and 3x3 overhead press (35 kgs) which was poor.

18 July
    Bouldering. Not a great session. Got one new harder one, but fell off the wall a lot.

19 July
    1 hour yoga over lunch. I will probably go for an indoor row this evening.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Despite weather that made walking to my car feel like swimming in invisible pea soup (we're in an excessive heat/humidity warning for a couple of days), today was a rowing day, so I rowed about 6.9k in the double, stopping for more water breaks than usual as a caution, and keeping it at easy steady state.

It actually felt better rowing than walking around, maybe because the slight breeze was more perceptible on the wider open space of the river, or maybe because we generate a bit of breeze via boat movement. Dunno; but I'll take it.
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Nice long walk with my very strong coffee
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Yesterday I did shoulders, walking, elliptical, abs, yoga, stretching. Today a 12 mile bike ride and a hike with the dog later.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    55min group workout on Zwift centered around 3 8min intervals between 155-165 watts.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2019
    Steady State day today (rower version of long, slow day that runners do). Keep your work rate constant and, ideally, where you don't build up any Lactic Acid. This is the completion of my second hard week of training back on the rower. I'm learning to keep my easier days easier and my hard days hard (polarized, 80/20 training). I've tried to do this for years, but my recent HRM purchase has given me a lot more insight.

Started on the rower today until I couldn't hold HR under 75% of max, then went to the AirBike for the last 25 minutes. Ended up a 35 minute row and 25 on the bike. At the end of the bike ride, I was holding 170 plus Watts relatively easy, so I'm seeing improvements already. Slow improvements but improvements.

When I finished this workout, felt like I still had quite a bit left in the tank. That's how you want to feel on SS days. Like you're reigning in the engine a bit.

jb8rbm4ys92s.png

at9iwiuujaf3.jpgejnf0t4u08kb.jpg

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    7 mile trail run
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Friday, race day.

30min cardio/hiit with trainer, yes burpees were involved.

2.5mile stroll on a trail route I usually run.

45min total.body conditioning- nice deep burn today using resistance bands

5 mile race - my local race, really wasn't feeling it but managed to run all.but 1 minute (up a short steep incline).

Got an all day bootcamp tomorrow, 6 hours of fun and games
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    7/19/2019 - late afternoon in Santa Cruz where my 6-mile fun run is in 9 days.

Run 8.0 miles steady state slower in 1:24:12 = 10:31 mile pace - average HR = 139 bpm (77 percent) maximum HR = 149 bpm (83 percent) total 1,073 calories - temperature 64F degrees late afternoon - what a difference 25F degrees cooler with ocean breeze makes on HR.

Longest run in my fun run runner comeback kid journey begun almost one year ago, and non-stop (compared to run-walk cadence used for past longer runs.) This was probably the last longer run prior to my upcoming fun run.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    Today's workout was a 21 mile bike ride so far. :)
  • tpg22
    tpg22 Posts: 7 Member
    A nice, easy, 6.5 mile run in the heat and humidity. Legs were still feeling the 30 mile bike rides on the two prior days.