Share Your Day

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Today was a bit hard - it started with the coffee pot not being turned on last night so no life fuel to get my morning going. Boo!!

I got to work and there was coconut cream pie. My one SERIOUS vice, I need to have it, but I will not actively seek it out. I had a slice with my morning cup of office sludge (they try to convince us it's coffee, I'm not buying it)

Now, at 115pm I am just digging into my packed food. I am not going to let the morning run the rest of my day.

That is how to do it! Shake off the "not so great" and march forward towards the "hopefully better".
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member
    Who would of guessed not eating enough could even be a problem. I have spent so much of my life indulging in too much. Yesterday at work I started feeling lethargic/sick, just not well. At first I played it off to the heat, maybe a little dehydration. I was drinking water though. Finally when I sat down for lunch I realized I hadn't eaten anything all day. I had been rushed before work, and then didn't take a break. Immediately after eating I felt better. First time I can ever remember feeling effects of not eating.
  • NovusDies
    jjlewey wrote: »
    Who would of guessed not eating enough could even be a problem. I have spent so much of my life indulging in too much. Yesterday at work I started feeling lethargic/sick, just not well. At first I played it off to the heat, maybe a little dehydration. I was drinking water though. Finally when I sat down for lunch I realized I hadn't eaten anything all day. I had been rushed before work, and then didn't take a break. Immediately after eating I felt better. First time I can ever remember feeling effects of not eating.

Makes sense that you would have less of a buffer for a missed meal because you are in a calorie deficit and have an active job. You should make a mental note though that on work days at least you are not a good candidate for skipping breakfast/IF. I am not sure you would ever even consider it but I think it is helpful to know these things about ourselves.

• jjlewey
    edited July 2019
    Just went out to lunch with a good friend, the restaurant did not have any calories on the menu :/ Did my best to guesstimate, I figure I probably over estimated. Had a 1/3 pound cheeseburger and waffle fries. Tasted great, shouldn't have eaten it all, now feel stuffed. Definitely a change, a month ago I would have downed that and been looking for more.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    I did not track yesterday, but I was mindful of what I was eating. I was at my fathers building a porch and my mom made a huge meal.

I find that it helps to track, even if I'm eating a big meal that I probably shouldn't. When I see exactly what I'm putting into my body in terms of calories, it helps me to eat more reasonably later.

IMO, there's nothing wrong with having a "cheat" meal once in a while. Sometimes I'll have a more indulgent meal and then just do my best to be good for the rest of the day. Even if I'm a bit over my budget, it's not as much as if I just let myself go back to my old habits for a day.

• merph518
    Just went out to lunch with a good friend, the restaurant did not have any calories on the menu :/ Did my best to guesstimate, I figure I probably over estimated. Had a 1/3 pound cheeseburger and waffle fries. Tasted great, shouldn't have eaten it all, now feel stuffed. Definitely a change, a month ago I would have downed that and been looking for more.

I had a similar experience a couple months ago. I had a particularly low-calorie day up until dinner time, and was alone, so I decided to order delivery from a local pizza place. Got lasagna, and the portion was huge. I figured I had plenty of wiggle room in my budget so I just went to town on it.

I wound up getting sick to my stomach from eating too much. Six months ago I would have downed it without a second thought and been fine.

• maiomaio71
    maiomaio71 Posts: 231 Member
    I had a long Saturday at work with a big deadline looming. Went in early, managed a 90 minute walk in lieu of lunch and came home quite late to find husband and son had done nothing for dinner and the house was a tip. Dishes from the night before were still in the sink. I headed straight back out and went to a local restaurant for a lamb tagine. Had not eaten all day so figured it fit easily into my calories! Went to pay and realized I'd left my purse at home. Had to ring hubby to bring it. Ah. Well. It was really, really good meal!
  • jjlewey
    maiomaio71 wrote: »
    I had a long Saturday at work with a big deadline looming. Went in early, managed a 90 minute walk in lieu of lunch and came home quite late to find husband and son had done nothing for dinner and the house was a tip. Dishes from the night before were still in the sink. I headed straight back out and went to a local restaurant for a lamb tagine. Had not eaten all day so figured it fit easily into my calories! Went to pay and realized I'd left my purse at home. Had to ring hubby to bring it. Ah. Well. It was really, really good meal!

Good for you!
  • NovusDies
    Not a great day. I realized yesterday that I had made a logging error last week and I have had to absorb 350 calories into today. This sucks because I gave myself a few extra calories on Sundays to soften the blow of eating less than normal and most of them are gone.

I do not like deadlines and I do not like having one. Unfortunately it is medically necessary so I either suck it up and deal with it or postpone the procedure until next year.

While I am trying to maintain my discipline of ignoring my weight loss this lower calorie regimen is making my mood sour which makes me want to actually see the results on the scale. I know they are coming but the deadline is stressing me a little so a little taste of progress would be helpful right now. Did I mention I do not like deadlines?

This is one of the reasons I am always careful to say that my goal is to keep myself happy(ish). There will always be bad days and bad runs of days in life. At least there will always be for me. This will pass though and better days are coming soon.
  • jjlewey
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Not a great day. I realized yesterday that I had made a logging error last week and I have had to absorb 350 calories into today. This sucks because I gave myself a few extra calories on Sundays to soften the blow of eating less than normal and most of them are gone.

I do not like deadlines and I do not like having one. Unfortunately it is medically necessary so I either suck it up and deal with it or postpone the procedure until next year.

While I am trying to maintain my discipline of ignoring my weight loss this lower calorie regimen is making my mood sour which makes me want to actually see the results on the scale. I know they are coming but the deadline is stressing me a little so a little taste of progress would be helpful right now. Did I mention I do not like deadlines?

This is one of the reasons I am always careful to say that my goal is to keep myself happy(ish). There will always be bad days and bad runs of days in life. At least there will always be for me. This will pass though and better days are coming soon.

Keep your head up, trust the math, thermodynamics don't lie. Maybe try to up your activity today to allow some more calories?
  • NovusDies

Keep your head up, trust the math, thermodynamics don't lie. Maybe try to up your activity today to allow some more calories?

Thanks. The math and science of it will definitely pan out just as it always does. This is just not a sustainable path for me. It is the one I have learned *not* to do. Luckily it is temporary.

I can probably sneak in an extra 100 calories of activity today if my ankle behaves itself. The dog (puppy) is always up for an additional walk.
  • christoD88
    christoD88 Posts: 7 Member
    hey guys, this is my first weekend in i cant remember how long that i didnt consume any alcohol, im about 100lbs over my goal weight and i think alcohol is one of my main issues (could easily have 3-4 beers a night and many more at weekends). i drive for a living so long hours behind the wheel with poor diet choices havent helped me either but im finally taking ownership of my *kitten* lifestyle and moving in the right direction. spent all saturday meal prepping for the next week and cant wait to start losing lb's with you all
  • NovusDies
    christoD88 wrote: »
    hey guys, this is my first weekend in i cant remember how long that i didnt consume any alcohol, im about 100lbs over my goal weight and i think alcohol is one of my main issues (could easily have 3-4 beers a night and many more at weekends). i drive for a living so long hours behind the wheel with poor diet choices havent helped me either but im finally taking ownership of my *kitten* lifestyle and moving in the right direction. spent all saturday meal prepping for the next week and cant wait to start losing lb's with you all

The good thing about meal prep is that once you do it you are far more likely to eat it than if you leave your eating to chance. I doubt any of us really like to waste food or waste the effort of preparing it. It is definitely a good way to start building habits that keep you in a calorie deficit.

I smoked a few pounds of fish yesterday for this week and then hit up the Chinese place for several containers of steamed vegetables. I do this from time to time because it is easy and since I add my own oil I can control the calories better. I do cook vegetables on the weekends too but it is good to have some shortcuts in your lineup imo.

• melanie_marie78
    melanie_marie78 Posts: 17 Member
    Ugh, guys. It's so hot out. I've been staying in as much as possible, but my legs are aching for a walk. I floated in a pool yesterday. Today I went grocery shopping, but I'm still feeling cooped up and restless. I got bored with doing laps around the house. I don't usually mind the heat, but I'm annoyed with it messing up my routine.
  • NovusDies
    Ugh, guys. It's so hot out. I've been staying in as much as possible, but my legs are aching for a walk. I floated in a pool yesterday. Today I went grocery shopping, but I'm still feeling cooped up and restless. I got bored with doing laps around the house. I don't usually mind the heat, but I'm annoyed with it messing up my routine.

I try to finish off my steps some days by doing laps in the house. I find it intolerable. I am bored out of my mind after 4 laps.

I thought the heat wouldn't bother me as much this year. After losing a bunch of weight I struggled to stay warm all winter. It doesn't quite work that way it seems because the heat is still just wearing me out.

I have been forcing myself outside more this summer but it has gotten so bad now I am waiting until it starts getting dark.
  • merph518
    edited July 2019
    I was pretty lazy this weekend in terms of activity, but ate well below my goal to make up for that (around 1500/day instead of my usual 1800ish). Too hot outside and inside -- I think our AC needs to be repaired because it was 80 in the house for most of the weekend.

Getting things back to normal today though.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited July 2019
    I went swimming!! In public!!
    I haven't been for over 16yrs due to being very self conscious about the way I look, I was on holiday a week ago and there was a pool that nobody used, so having it all to myself I gave it a go and loved it.
    Ever since I've been building up courage to go "public" and with the hot weather today I thought s*d it I'm going to do it.
    I cannot describe just how happy I am right now :D
  • christoD88
    christoD88 Posts: 7 Member
    great news jackie, well done to you!! a great day!
    keep up the fantastic work.

i had a day behind the wheel today. stuck to my macros and have 200calories left over the day, im not even hungry, im going to drink some water and read a book. a boring day but on plan
  • NovusDies
    Jackie9003 wrote: »
    I haven't been for over 16yrs due to being very self conscious about the way I look, I was on holiday a week ago and there was a pool that nobody used, so having it all to myself I gave it a go and loved it.
    Ever since I've been building up courage to go "public" and with the hot weather today I thought s*d it I'm going to do it.

Bravo!!

It is not something I am prepared to do right now so I am really proud of you.

• jjlewey
    Jackie9003 wrote: »

Bravo!!

It is not something I am prepared to do right now so I am really proud of you.

I have been trying to get the courage up to swim laps at the ymca. I want to, pay for the membership, go there and workout sometimes. The pool scares me though.