New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    I must live in a food desert because I cannot find 90% of the stuff shown in this thread! Most of the stores you mention I have never heard of either like Grocery Outlet. :(

The Grocery Outlet if you have one anywhere near you is definitely a great place to find deals, but it's like a thrift store in the aspect that you either find a lot of stuff you want or you go & it's basically a bust. It's a near expiration store that sells food items that may be near the out of date/best by date so go into it with the expectation you might have to eat certain things fairly quickly. The produce is usually so-so on price & I can usually find better deals at Aldis.

It's definitely a store that if I buy something & I don't like it I don't get as mad as I would if it would be from a store that charges full price.

If you don't have a Grocery Outlet Google & see if you have a similar store that might not get a lot of press.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    I must live in a food desert because I cannot find 90% of the stuff shown in this thread! Most of the stores you mention I have never heard of either like Grocery Outlet. :(

yeah i'm in Canada and can't get 90% of the stuff listed here ;) There is a canadian version of this thread but it's pretty quiet :P We don't have NEARLY the variety of things you do in the US. I can't imagine all those cookie flavours, we get the basic and the occasional limited time fancy one.
  • BuddhaBunnyFTW
    BuddhaBunnyFTW Posts: 157 Member
    Ha ha, macha, as a noob I did not realize how potent the powder is. Call me educated. :open_mouth:
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member

Same :(
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member

Grocery Outlet is mostly in the western US. I had never seen one until I moved to central California.
  • ElizabethHanrahan
    ElizabethHanrahan Posts: 102 Member
    Athijade wrote: »
    What is the best dairy free/soy free ice cream? I seem to have trouble with dairy now (*cries*) and am allergic to soy. While I like fruit bars and sorbet, sometimes I just want some dang ice cream!

The "best" in my opinion is So Delicious cashew milk Snickerdoodle, but really any of the cashew milk ones are good. If you like coconut milk (slight coconut flavor), they have several flavors.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    apullum wrote: »

Grocery Outlet is mostly in the western US. I had never seen one until I moved to central California.

I'd swap a Grocery Outlet for an Aldi's, I wish I had one!
  • CheekyChiq88
    CheekyChiq88 Posts: 109 Member
    ek5x3x8xih8z.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    ek5x3x8xih8z.jpg

I've tried all of these and they were good! They were kind of similar to larabars, but better.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    ek5x3x8xih8z.jpg

I've tried all of these and they were good! They were kind of similar to larabars, but better.

Can confirm. I bought a ton of boxes when Target had a sale ages ago.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    @hgycta I don't know if you like whey protein at all, but the brand 1Up just came out with a cotton candy whey powder :) It's a HUGE container, though, so you might wanna inquire about smaller packets if you're interested :)

Thanks! I emailed the company last night and got a response this morning — unfortunately, all they said was to go to https://1upnutrition.com/products/sample-test-product for free samples. Excitedly, I went to the link, but didn’t see cotton candy which I even asked them about, so that’s a shame... plus you have to pay for shipping :/
    If cotton candy was there I 100% would have paid up to $7 to ship that bad boy, but I’m not going to order an entire tub only to find out it tastes like bubble gum or some other non-cotton candy flavor as too many “cotton candy” products do :/ but thanks for sharing, if you ever try it or know anyone who does please report back!!!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    @hgycta I don't know if you like whey protein at all, but the brand 1Up just came out with a cotton candy whey powder :) It's a HUGE container, though, so you might wanna inquire about smaller packets if you're interested :)

Thanks! I emailed the company last night and got a response this morning — unfortunately, all they said was to go to https://1upnutrition.com/products/sample-test-product for free samples. Excitedly, I went to the link, but didn’t see cotton candy which I even asked them about, so that’s a shame... plus you have to pay for shipping :/
    If cotton candy was there I 100% would have paid up to $7 to ship that bad boy, but I’m not going to order an entire tub only to find out it tastes like bubble gum or some other non-cotton candy flavor as too many “cotton candy” products do :/ but thanks for sharing, if you ever try it or know anyone who does please report back!!!

Yeah, I hear ya. They are VERY unhelpful when it comes to directing people to the samples. I asked about their samples on FB (in addition to loads of other people), and they're basically like "Oh yeah, go find it buried on Facebook somewhere on our page." I actually did hunt for it pretty thoroughly and never found it. It's kinda like they don't want people to find it.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    x3b5tcama9ae.jpeg
    zgeqmqu41wcg.jpeg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »

I'll trade you Aldis for a Trader Joe if you have one.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 576 Member
    What is the best dairy free/soy free ice cream? I seem to have trouble with dairy now (*cries*) and am allergic to soy. While I like fruit bars and sorbet, sometimes I just want some dang ice cream!

Haagen-Dazs has some amazing dairy free/soy free ice creams. In my opinion, they're the closest in taste and texture to real ice cream (though the calorie count is pretty high). They're unique from other non-dairy ice creams in that they don't use alternative milks, but instead use a main ingredient so the flavors taste purely like that flavor. Their peanut butter chocolate fudge flavor, for example, has no fillers and is basically peanut butter, peanuts, and chocolate fudge. It's one of my favorite Haagen-Dazs flavors overall - even better than some of the dairy flavors.

Talenti also has some really good non-dairy gelatos.
  • apullum
    edited July 2019

Eh, we had an Aldi’s when we lived in North Carolina, and I wasn’t a fan. I’d rather have GO. Trader Joe's is good, but there are things I won't buy there. I really dislike their produce and their pasta.

It sounds like you all need to road trip to my place and we'll go on a grocery shopping spree :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member

Eh, we had an Aldi’s when we lived in North Carolina, and I wasn’t a fan. I’d rather have GO. Trader Joe's is good, but there are things I won't buy there. I really dislike their produce and their pasta.

It sounds like you all need to road trip to my place and we'll go on a grocery shopping spree :)

Everyone's always posting good stuff and deals from Aldi's. I'm surprised you'd rather have a GO, though I like it for condiments and ice cream! Trader Joe's doesn't have the best produce, I completely skip over it when I go. If I have the time I'd go to GO and TJ each week with Winco and farmer's market.
  • apullum

Everyone's always posting good stuff and deals from Aldi's. I'm surprised you'd rather have a GO, though I like it for condiments and ice cream! Trader Joe's doesn't have the best produce, I completely skip over it when I go. If I have the time I'd go to GO and TJ each week with Winco and farmer's market.

My usual grocery run is TJ’s and GO, with a stop at Safeway if there was anything I couldn’t find elsewhere. Sometimes I go to Whole Foods or a “health food” store for hard to find things. I’m also at Nob Hill often because they have a Peet’s and I have an iced tea addiction :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Another one for tomorrow

"Score a coupon for a free pint or box of Enlgihtened bars, and you can also send a coupon to a friend or family member"

http://eatenlightened.com/pages/national-ice-cream-day

ypg8xh64genu.png

And...

"Residents of New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Philadelphia can Tweet #SensodyneforIceCream” + (ice cream emoji) to score a same-day delivery of 1 pint of ice cream, Sensodyne Rapid Relief, soft pack cooler and insulated tumbler. Offer valid July 21st"

Too bad I don't live in those areas, but in case anyone here does!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited July 2019

Haagen-Dazs has some amazing dairy free/soy free ice creams. In my opinion, they're the closest in taste and texture to real ice cream (though the calorie count is pretty high). They're unique from other non-dairy ice creams in that they don't use alternative milks, but instead use a main ingredient so the flavors taste purely like that flavor. Their peanut butter chocolate fudge flavor, for example, has no fillers and is basically peanut butter, peanuts, and chocolate fudge. It's one of my favorite Haagen-Dazs flavors overall - even better than some of the dairy flavors.

Talenti also has some really good non-dairy gelatos.

Yes, I loved the haagen daas dairy free too! I also second the So delicious cashew milk ones as being the best tasting.

I haven't gotten to try the enlightened dairy free, but @hgycta says they are phenomenal (and low calorie).

Target brand is also surprisingly good. I was blown away with how good the vanilla cake cookie dough flavor and the strawberry chocolate were. All of them were fantastic, but not low calorie at all.

I wasn't a huge fan of any of the B&J non dairy pints. They were good because of the add ins, but wasn't a fan of the base ice cream. It was too icy for my liking and not creamy.

I loved the so delicious oat milk ice cream too. A lot better than the almond milk variety (I dont care for the almond milk one at all).