Too hot in London - feeling lazy

harrisonsusana
harrisonsusana Posts: 5 Member
Day 6 - so hot in London 🥵 Met a friend for lunch but really hard to keep it low calorie at K10 - tonight not cooking. Taking time to relax, eating some fruit and watch a 🎥

Replies

• emeraldwoods4214
    emeraldwoods4214 Posts: 177 Member
    Come to Florida you’ll get a really nice taste of the sweaty heat 😁😋
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Hot and wet in Oklahoma 😅
  • _Cece_x
    _Cece_x Posts: 53 Member
    It’s just so muggy in England currently we’re really not cut out for any form of heat 😂
  • emeraldwoods4214
    emeraldwoods4214 Posts: 177 Member
    But it’s all worth it for the delicious tea right? 😁
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    @harrisonsusana why don't you UK folks get yourself an AC?
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    @harrisonsusana why don't you UK folks get yourself an AC?

Then what would we have to complain about?

:D That is an excellent point
  • harrisonsusana
    harrisonsusana Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2019
    For those not familiar with the weather in the UK - not worth spending thousands in something that will only be used a couple of weeks a year. I prefer spending the money travelling to lovely beaches to feel cooler
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Agreed. Very tempting to skip the office and go to the pub!
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »

Try wearing a dust mask and disposable overall/suit (think scenes of crime) all day.
  • ghudson92

Try wearing a dust mask and disposable overall/suit (think scenes of crime) all day.

Is that what you have to wear? Sounds very uncomfortable!
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited July 2019

I don’t have to wear it but I’m asthmatic so better to be safe than sorry. Keeps most of the harmful dust out. Luckily I’m inside rather than outside so not directly in the sun but I get a good sweat on lol
  • mermaidsgrave
    mermaidsgrave Posts: 98 Member
    As a Brit living in NC, when we have 3 months of 38° heat I definitely miss English summers! But then I remember how miserable my damp, wet and windy, the winters are back home and I’m grateful for the mild winters here!!!
    I’ll always long for home though!! 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
  • Alia_R
    Alia_R Posts: 410 Member
    Sounds like good old Manitoban weather here in Canada. Only difference is we get significantly less rain than you guys and we get some pretty extreme thunderstorms. Our winters get pretty extreme, but I’d take extreme heat over hell freezing over anytime. 😂
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    114-F degrees here today ( in England that's something like 45 Stone, 3 Ounces Celsius )

anyway.... it's kinda nice.

My home gym is in an not-so-air-conditioned garage; it was rather warm training today.
  • ghudson92

I don’t have to wear it but I’m asthmatic so better to be safe than sorry. Keeps most of the harmful dust out. Luckily I’m inside rather than outside so not directly in the sun but I get a good sweat on lol

I have asthma and allergies too so feel your pain.
  • lorri71
    lorri71 Posts: 95 Member
    Pretty wet and muggy in London today but due to get hotter next week. I also have allergies and asthma so know how you feel. I didn't go to Europe this July as I struggled in the heatwave last year and that was no fun. Stay safe all our US members as heat predicted to rise this weekend there. Keep cool! 😥
  • Sharsou
    Sharsou Posts: 8,844 Member
    The weather isn’t that bad.. it was thunderstorm last night and weather was at the worst. Anyways enjoying the sunny day today😊😊