What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• alexandravictoria88
    alexandravictoria88 Posts: 138 Member
    My dinner was baked salmon with soy sauce and honey with sauteed spinach and mushrooms. zj0x29e8p5at.jpg
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Over the past few days I've made pita, mussakhan (a Palestinian roasted chicken dish with sumac, garlic, allspice, etc), roasted portobello mushrooms, hummus, Persian rice, and today I made hazelnut chocolate spread that has nearly the same nutritional profile as Justin's chocolate hazelnut and almond butter.

Tomorrow will be more pita because I only really make them in batches of 4, halving the recipe. It's an issue of either eating them too fast (in the "why did I decide to eat this given my calorie allowance" sort of way) or eating them too slow if I make the full recipe.
  • emmiller33
    emmiller33 Posts: 14 Member
    4 oz beef pattie with slice of cheese, onion, mustard, ketchup wrapped in lettuce
  • aokoye
    Apple crumble, because for whatever reason there were 4 apples in the fridge and they needed to be eaten or cooked with.
  • ElyssiaBe
    ElyssiaBe Posts: 1 Member
    The last meal I prepared was a charcuterie board. rr3xab8appl6.png
  • bosque1234
    bosque1234 Posts: 60 Member
    qbfg1ngdcrwy.jpg
    Lowfat turkey loaf, steamed, mixed veggies, cherry tomatoes, small leftover of sweet potato.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    Starter of globe artichoke with vinaigrette. Main of boiled jersey royals, batch cooked meatballs warmed up from the freezer and roast sugar snaps.
    k6vhc459ppdy.jpeg
    9shuafdmup85.jpeg

• maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Jelaan wrote: »
    I did the budgetbytes.com creamy salsa chicken skillet.

Dry-rubbed 2lbs chicken thighs with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and a little salt. Pan-fried them in a little olive oil, then set aside to rest. Deglazed pan with a jar of salsa, added black beans and corn and warmed through. Took pan off the heat, added some plain Greek yogurt, plus fresh cilantro and green onions. Sliced chicken and added it back into the pan. Made five servings, one for each workday lunch! Topped with a half an avocado. Came out amazing!unqck44mygvp.jpeg

That looks yummy! I just looked up the recipe and I'm going to try it tomorrow night. It gets very tiresome trying to think up meals for the 5 of us every night that everyone will eat, so I'm always on the lookout for ideas.

Oh my good gracious sweet baby Jesus that looks good.
  • acpgee
    Cottage cheese lasagna did a good job of rescuing batch cooked meatballs that were too dry. Green salad using the pea shoots I harvested today and some toasted pumpkin seeds.
    hy7f0awhgjrs.jpeg
  • acpgee
    Dutch bitterkoekjes, or almond macaroons. Similar to Italian amaretti but no liqueur in the dough. We had a lot of leftover egg whites lurking in the back of the fridge so this was one way to use them up. Open to healthier suggestions to use up leftover egg whites.

1k04efwyp4u1.jpeg
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Turkey burgers and tater tots
  • NSthingoldline
    NSthingoldline Posts: 101 Member
    The day before I start my block of 4 shifts is dedicated to grocery shopping and batch cooking. Yesterday I made vegetable quiche, a quinoa vegetable salad and a large batch of pasta sauce. Snacks are seasonal fruit.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    More summer grill-and-salad. Grilled garlic-herb chicken breast, grilled yellow summer squash, tomato salad and the last of a batch of Carolina vinegar slaw. Sunny summer yellow-spectrum-dominant foods today. I have to tote up my macros and counts for MFP yet on this plate, but I expect pretty decent numbers. I did "cheat" a little later though, with a bit of ice cream to wash this down and fight the East Coast heatwave, LOL.

7o02395q5j6c.jpg
  • Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    08itosqyb3ze.jpeg
  • acpgee
    A very basic meal motivated by trying to make some room in the freezer. Frozen fish fingers cooked dry on the nonstick stone coated frying pan. Frozen oven chips done in the air fryer. My mom's recipe for frozen peas sauteed with garlic. Ranch.
    kpwkpqdbqxr9.jpeg
  • aokoye
    Breakfast was whole wheat pancakes and lunch was a turkey burger from Trader Joe's wrapped in lettuce from farmers market, pickled onions I made about a week ago, and harissa. I forgot to buy buns and I had no real desire to go to the store to get them this afternoon.

Green tea mochi ice cream is imminent.