If you won the lottery....

SMarie10
SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
Let's play "I won the lottery" and say what you would do if your
1:292 million ship comes in.

Replies

• melasencio
    melasencio Posts: 185 Member
    I'd buy house for everyone I knew, then buy a sailboat and ply the Caribbean Sea. But mostly smoke weed.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Pay off all my debt, buy a house for my family, and then travel, travel, travel.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    I'd like to think after I took part of the money for myself, I'd help out family, friends and give a ton away to local charities. But first, a trip to Hawaii to get out of the Winter weather!
  • Radiated_JK
    Radiated_JK Posts: 165 Member
    Two chicks at the same time
  • Kiandra_B
    Kiandra_B Posts: 66 Member
    I'm out. I would leave to Bora Bora. Leave some thousands for my mom. Everyone else pshhhh they wasn't at 711 playing them number with me lOl. I need all my coins.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Quit my job.
    Buy a house.
    Get my kid in the best daycare/preschool out there.
    Travel as much as humanly possible.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,212 Member
    Pay off all my debt and my families debt, build a HUGE no kill animal shelter and pay the workers a ridiculous salary. Then I would quit my job and visit every corner of this Earth.
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    I'd buy everyone here a year supply of Quest Bars.
  • tomy2tone01
    tomy2tone01 Posts: 982 Member
    Well you didn't win. Time to go on......... crap
  • xGreatWhiteNorthx
    xGreatWhiteNorthx Posts: 335 Member
    I already love where I live so....

I'd pay off my house. Put a small addition on it. Maybe renovate a couple things. I'd landscape the 3 acres the way I want and then buy up the 50 acre hunting camp that surrounds it on 3 sides.

I'd give my parents a nice nest egg, and my fiances parents.

Travel.

Buy a fly in hunting or fishing lodge.

Travel more.

Open a canine and/wildlife rehab center.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Pay off debt, buy a bigger house with a huge yard, adopt more dogs.
  • kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    edited July 2019
    First thing would be to get my girlfriend and her daughter over here to live with me and pay for their visas upfront, without a second thought. Get married and buy a slightly better house than what I have now. We're still doing that regardless, but it's going to take time. Then make sure we have enough to get her daughter (well, she's so my daughter now lol) a good education, and enough for college/university if she wanted to do that when she reached that age. A little nest egg for her, for when the time is right.

After that, do what we can to help our close family and friends. Get my sister and her fiancee out of any debt, and help fix up their house and car. Buy a nicer house for her parents, and make sure they don't have to work anymore. Help my friends with any financial troubles they might have, repairs, debts, whatever.

Use the rest to live comfortably, while still working to maintain income and stave off complacency. Take some random long holidays to explore my girlfriend's home country, visit places her parents came from, and absorb the culture.

Last but not least, donate what I can to various charities. Namely for things like cancer research, environmental issues, animal cruelty. But I wouldn't just give them money, because most of what you donate doesn't actually go towards the cause directly (sadly, this is true). I would purchase things they desperately needed, such as equipment. Help a few people out with their GoFundMe campaigns, make some dreams come true.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    I would by my mom all the things she wants. Then i would help my sibling out. And finally I'd buy a Harley Davidson and travel for a few months
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Personally, I'd buy a van, and trick it out to be like a tiny house. With solar power recharging.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    post bail.