What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• jaroby
    jaroby Posts: 152 Member
    Today... I RAN! Just a little bit, but I did it several times during my walk. One time, I even ran for long enough that I had to stop running lest I set off my asthma. I've always hated running, so I haven't done it for more than a few seconds to catch a bus since high school, more than a decade ago. I don't think I'll do it again unless I have contacts in, though, because my glasses got bouncy.

I used to keep an extra pair of glasses for doing HIIT cardio or running. Bouncy glasses makes a person ill!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    @tthickens637 I’ve been doing yoga for over ten years. I was 35 BMI last September. I reached normal BMI about four months ago and started working with a trainer. She has really built up my upper body strength. On Jan 1st, my goal for the year was “an arm balance”, and now I’ve got several. So I’ve upped the ante to “headstand in middle of the room”.

Today was the first time I tried this pose, called “Fallen Angel”. The whole class clapped for me, something I’ve never seen at this studio. I was really touched. Many of them know me from 70 pounds ago, probably as “the fat chick: at least she tries really hard”.

I feel like my body is a new toy. It does so many things I could never, ever have asked it to do just a few months ago.

I asked someone to take the pictures after class so I could share them with my trainer to thank her. She is amazing- so supportive and motivating.

Got grasshopper pose, too!
    s44vo89asqky.jpeg

This made my Day!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    r8tdwv0swflh.jpeg

Wore a striped tank top tucked in. In front of people!

GRANDCHICA!!!!! The answer is YES and you looking marvelous honey :triumph: , just absolutely tremendous, period. Super YAY YOU slim!

P.S. BOOM!
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    hlr1987 wrote: »
    I'm not sure about the whys, but my eyesight seems to be getting better. Things are not as "blurry" as they used to be and I don't seem to need my glasses as much. Whatever the reason, I'm so glad and count this as a NSV for sure!

There's fat in your eyeball, socket, around the muscles that control your focus. It's a legitimate side effect of weight loss that it changes your eyesight. Make sure you get yours looked at so you don't make your eyes worse by using the wrong prescription long term.

Close enough to being correct in explanation to be definitely be correct in conclusion. Heed the advice and get reexamined if you (anyone reading) ever notice vision changes with weight loss.

I'll be sure to keep this in mind. :open_mouth:
  • tthickens637
    tthickens637 Posts: 312 Member
    Terytha wrote: »
    My university grad ring fits. I've never worn it, it literally never went past my joint, but I've always wished I could.

t0aamceemo47.jpg

Well done! Both the degree and weight loss took solid persistence and motivation!!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I realized this morning as I was standing in my closet deciding what to wear, I now actually enjoy, even look forward to, getting dressed. For the past several years as my weight increased, I dreaded getting dressed. What still fits? What looks least frumpy? Same old fat body, same old fat clothes, same miserable experience! Yuck - what a terrible way to begin each day. And worst of all, I never realized what a negative ritual this had become. After buying new clothes that fit (both style and size), giving away all my old clothes (bad vibes), and cleaning out my closet top to bottom (organized and cheerful), I love my morning ritual. I'm grateful for this amazing body, life, and ability to love myself enough to take care of myself (physically and mentally). 💞💃🏼😋🏋️‍♀️💥

YES, it feels good doesn't it. I feel the same way!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!