New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    I must live in a food desert because I cannot find 90% of the stuff shown in this thread! Most of the stores you mention I have never heard of either like Grocery Outlet. :(

Grocery Outlet is mostly in the western US. I had never seen one until I moved to central California.

I'd swap a Grocery Outlet for an Aldi's, I wish I had one!
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    I must live in a food desert because I cannot find 90% of the stuff shown in this thread! Most of the stores you mention I have never heard of either like Grocery Outlet. :(

Grocery Outlet is mostly in the western US. I had never seen one until I moved to central California.

I'd swap a Grocery Outlet for an Aldi's, I wish I had one!

I'll trade you Aldis for a Trader Joe if you have one.

Eh, we had an Aldi’s when we lived in North Carolina, and I wasn’t a fan. I’d rather have GO. Trader Joe's is good, but there are things I won't buy there. I really dislike their produce and their pasta.

It sounds like you all need to road trip to my place and we'll go on a grocery shopping spree :)

Everyone's always posting good stuff and deals from Aldi's. I'm surprised you'd rather have a GO, though I like it for condiments and ice cream! Trader Joe's doesn't have the best produce, I completely skip over it when I go. If I have the time I'd go to GO and TJ each week with Winco and farmer's market.

My usual grocery run is TJ’s and GO, with a stop at Safeway if there was anything I couldn’t find elsewhere. Sometimes I go to Whole Foods or a “health food” store for hard to find things. I’m also at Nob Hill often because they have a Peet’s and I have an iced tea addiction :)

I go to Safeway when I run low on jicama for my lunch salad, pretty good produce department. I like Sprouts a lot too. If you have an Instant Pot, pick up some tea and brew a pot full and stick in the fridge, it comes out nice and strong! I've been making a pot every night lately for the next day. I started making my own cold brew too as I was spending too much at coffee shops! Of course I swapped that out with an ice cream habit!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 576 Member
    Athijade wrote: »
    What is the best dairy free/soy free ice cream? I seem to have trouble with dairy now (*cries*) and am allergic to soy. While I like fruit bars and sorbet, sometimes I just want some dang ice cream!

Haagen-Dazs has some amazing dairy free/soy free ice creams. In my opinion, they're the closest in taste and texture to real ice cream (though the calorie count is pretty high). They're unique from other non-dairy ice creams in that they don't use alternative milks, but instead use a main ingredient so the flavors taste purely like that flavor. Their peanut butter chocolate fudge flavor, for example, has no fillers and is basically peanut butter, peanuts, and chocolate fudge. It's one of my favorite Haagen-Dazs flavors overall - even better than some of the dairy flavors.

Talenti also has some really good non-dairy gelatos.

Yes, I loved the haagen daas dairy free too! I also second the So delicious cashew milk ones as being the best tasting.

I haven't gotten to try the enlightened dairy free, but @hgycta says they are phenomenal (and low calorie).

Target brand is also surprisingly good. I was blown away with how good the vanilla cake cookie dough flavor and the strawberry chocolate were. All of them were fantastic, but not low calorie at all.

I wasn't a huge fan of any of the B&J non dairy pints. They were good because of the add ins, but wasn't a fan of the base ice cream. It was too icy for my liking and not creamy.

I loved the so delicious oat milk ice cream too. A lot better than the almond milk variety (I dont care for the almond milk one at all).

I really liked the So delicious oatmilk ice creams too - particularly the peanut butter & jelly flavor and the oatmeal cookies one. I love how they taste like oatmeal cookies but in ice cream form!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member

Got it! Thanks!
  • Katmary71

Darnit, I missed it! Thanks for posting though! I have a dollar off two coupon, better than nothing. I keep getting them each time I check out at Safeway.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member

Yay, thanks Noreen! I got mine.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited July 2019
    Halo top now ! Got it 10 between 12:10-12:17 all out now. Sent to bunch of friends 😊 hope some of you got it too!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited July 2019
    Thanks for sharing the freebies! Unfortunately I’ve been busy so I didn’t get mine, but I swiped right and matched with Halo Top on that Bumble app so I might get something, they said they’ll respond July 24th but I think that’s all day, in case anyone wanted to download it for the sake of free ice cream haha!

Also, I’m literally two stores away from a Cinnabon right now... has anyone tried either of these?
    58rr0pov7poc.png
    c2radwyn5h2q.png

EDIT: as I said, that store is dangerously close. My friend found out about the cold brew and we went; it was good, but not nearly as sweet as I had anticipated for Cinnabon. Only about 180-210 calories though, so not too bad!
    exc6sygzbx7s.jpeg

That being said, I found out it’s also a Carvel store... I don’t normally live near a Carvel so I might go tomorrow and finally try a dasher... which one do you guys recommend?
    I also noticed this new one, but I have NO clue what it’s supposed to taste like xD
    l5b9wzfs4pzk.png
  • skelterhelter
    @hgycta I haven't had a dasher in years but remember really liking the mint one (but I'm a mint ice cream fan), and you can't go wrong with the peanut butter cup or Oreo one. Which one do you have your eye on?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    These look really goodfgglyvxyzujh.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    hgycta wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing the freebies! Unfortunately I’ve been busy so I didn’t get mine, but I swiped right and matched with Halo Top on that Bumble app so I might get something, they said they’ll respond July 24th but I think that’s all day, in case anyone wanted to download it for the sake of free ice cream haha!

Also, I’m literally two stores away from a Cinnabon right now... has anyone tried either of these?
    58rr0pov7poc.png
    c2radwyn5h2q.png

EDIT: as I said, that store is dangerously close. My friend found out about the cold brew and we went; it was good, but not nearly as sweet as I had anticipated for Cinnabon. Only about 180-210 calories though, so not too bad!
    exc6sygzbx7s.jpeg

That being said, I found out it’s also a Carvel store... I don’t normally live near a Carvel so I might go tomorrow and finally try a dasher... which one do you guys recommend?
    I also noticed this new one, but I have NO clue what it’s supposed to taste like xD
    l5b9wzfs4pzk.png

Omg the first one looks amazing . I would have gotten it just for the mini cinnamon bun 😂
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited July 2019

58rr0pov7poc.png
    c2radwyn5h2q.png

exc6sygzbx7s.jpeg

l5b9wzfs4pzk.png

Omg the first one looks amazing . I would have gotten it just for the mini cinnamon bun 😂

The mini buns are also sold separately: https://www.cinnabon.com/bakery-menu/bonbites
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    @hgycta I haven't had a dasher in years but remember really liking the mint one (but I'm a mint ice cream fan), and you can't go wrong with the peanut butter cup or Oreo one. Which one do you have your eye on?

All three of those, really, but I was mostly torn between the peanut butter and mint :x
  • Noreenmarie1234

All three of those, really, but I was mostly torn between the peanut butter and mint :x

Still wondering if anyone ended up trying the coffee one.. @Mexicangreensalsa said she was going to get one time. Did you end up trying it? pl3zzabic5fs.png

• Katmary71

58rr0pov7poc.png
    c2radwyn5h2q.png

exc6sygzbx7s.jpeg

l5b9wzfs4pzk.png

If you try the cinnamon cold brew and like it let me know how it is, I love both cold brew and cinnamon in coffee! Love cinnabons too, don't know if I can trust myself to go in and only come out with coffee and no cinnabon icing!
  • skelterhelter

I think those would be good choices :) They're all so decadent and delicious!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    t5zdhx073nlw.png