I'm so cheap I...

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I get most of my clothes from thrift stores.

Same! I'd say 70%
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    I get most of my clothes from thrift stores.

Same here! When its obvious I need new clothes during my weight loss, I bring a set amount and spend it on new clothes
  • Xiao_Ya_
    Xiao_Ya_ Posts: 495 Member
    Wear the nightgowns I wore as a three year old, claiming it's a "shirt"
  • kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    Had the same boxers for years, until they literally fell apart when I tried to put them on lol.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    I’m so cheap I refuse to pay more than two dollars tip on a 100 dollar meal when I go to the Olive Garden.

That’s pretty terrible; borderline insulting. I’d rather be left nothing than a 2% tip.

Assuming you’re located in the US, waitstaff have terribly low hourly rates and rely on tips to make a reasonable living. I would exercise your cheapness by not going out to eat at all, rather than saving $18 by not tipping the poorly-paid workers who wait on you.

I apologize if that offended you. I feel I made my sarcasm quite evident.
  • mermaidsgrave
    mermaidsgrave Posts: 98 Member
    InkgirlKC wrote: »
    I will sometimes wash and reuse zip lock bags.

Yes girl! That’s not being cheap that’s being environmentally responsible! At least that’s what I tell myself as I rinse mine 😂
  • Nanaluvs2sweat
    Nanaluvs2sweat Posts: 97 Member
    I’m so cheap I think O’Charleys is upscale dining. 😂
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    i KNOW someone so cheap they reuse coffee grinds and tea bags...

they also sneak back to the table if a bunch of us go out to eat and take their share of the tip back
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    I’m so cheap I refuse to pay more than two dollars tip on a 100 dollar meal when I go to the Olive Garden.

That’s pretty terrible; borderline insulting. I’d rather be left nothing than a 2% tip.

Assuming you’re located in the US, waitstaff have terribly low hourly rates and rely on tips to make a reasonable living. I would exercise your cheapness by not going out to eat at all, rather than saving $18 by not tipping the poorly-paid workers who wait on you.

I hate to admit it...but I was really wondering about that too. Sarcasm is tricky!

😂😂😂I got it! There an olive garden thread...also created in jest
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member

I hate to admit it...but I was really wondering about that too. Sarcasm is tricky!

😂😂😂I got it! There an olive garden thread...also created in jest

Ha.

Yeah, I completely understa....

wait.

That Olive Garden thread is in 'jest' ?

Really?

Oh..... okay.

* cancels reservations for Times Square.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    i KNOW someone so cheap they reuse coffee grinds and tea bags...

But why is this bad? if you can get another cup out of them and you are happy with it, why not?

When my husband and I both drank tea, I always got both cups out of one teabag, since neither of us have it strong.

No different to getting your own one cup and then leaving teabag aside to make another one a few hours later.

We all need to rethink our attitude to re using things and stop seeing it as cheap and nasty and more as being environmentally friendlier.

• jedoubleday
    jedoubleday Posts: 479 Member
    I am so cheap I wont pay attention..
  • kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    I like this "sofa king" pun
    No surprise that it came from Scotland lol.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited July 2019

Oops, didn’t catch the sarcasm. Only would’ve been offended if the original comment was true.