Eating right, working out hard and gaining weight???

rachelaphillips918
rachelaphillips918 Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
I know, I know. You gain muscle., so I’m hoping it’s that! Last week, I ate super clean, below my calories requirement, went running, walking, rucking, 150+ squats a day with donkey kicks, leg lifts and lunges.... and I gained 3 lbs!! 😓 It’s very discouraging. I feel great but still “look” the same I think, except
My leg muscle are growing. Help!!

Replies

• rachelaphillips918
    Omg I love this and it makes so much sense and like you are ACTUALLY speaking with a normal person!! ❤️❤️❤️
  • rachelaphillips918
    I’m aware. I’ve been off and on training since I was 18 and it’s not that I’m falling for gimmicks. Clean eating to me just means avoiding processed foods and added sugars etc. I can’t even remember the last time I had fast food (yuck!!🤢) or a normal pop. I realize it’s just like gaining weight. You don’t gain all the weight over night just as you don’t lose it over night.
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 527 Member
    I'll add one thing I haven't seen mentioned... you say you're eating at a deficit, but I hope you're weighing everything you eat, not eyeballing it, or even using cups and teaspoons for measuring things. You'd be so surprised how much you're actually eating if you're not weighing it!
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    A friend of mine got super hung up on the number on the scale (I have before too) and pointing out to him that his shirts were fitting loosely got his attention. Try taking measurements (Chest/waist/hips/thighs/arms) once a week for a couple of months...your weight isn't that important if you're getting stronger and happier with how you look and feel.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    It's been a week. Real life =/= magazine covers.

Adjust your expectations.

no lie bro......