What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    PHUL upper power and the walk to the gym and back. Boring but effective and consistent...
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    yoga and walking to/from work
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Chest & Back today!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    yoga and walking to/from work

What type of yoga do you practice?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    Heat/humidity broke, so pleasanter this morning . . . on the same river, rowing the same double, for the same 7k (about). Never gets old.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    1 hour on Zwift. I did a much better job at really resting than usual though there were also two sprints involved. Even then, my avg power was less than half of my FTP which was my goal.

Hoping that I get to row tomorrow but I still haven't heard word of whether or not development sculling practice is on.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Get moving Monday

30 min session with trainer, easing doms with trx and stretching

25min easy paced recovery run

5/3/1 cycle 3, week 1 squats and shoulder press.

4mile cycle ride

Hour in gym
    10min warm up on rower
    40min work, shoulders, biceps and triceps making sure to get right in to the little muscles.
    5min cool down on rower.
    5min stretch
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Weight lifting for Biceps, triceps, legs, stretching for 90 minutes. I pulled my back muscles a little picking up a 30 lb weight off the rack, I try to be really careful with my form even when I’m grabbing the weights because I can wrench my back just sneezing wrong, but I wasn’t paying attention to what I was doing and I think I started to turn as I lifted. It’s not super sore, but I feel it when I turn. Cardio kickboxing is on tap for tomorrow, so I’ll have to be conservative with my punching and really watch my form. Usually if I go half time I’m fine. Ugh. Getting older stinks!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    edited July 2019
    aokoye wrote: »
    1 hour on Zwift. I did a much better job at really resting than usual though there were also two sprints involved. Even then, my avg power was less than half of my FTP which was my goal.

Hoping that I get to row tomorrow but I still haven't heard word of whether or not development sculling practice is on.

Can I ask what Zwift is?
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    7/22/2019 - late morning to noontime at park.

#1 - alternating pull-ups and chin-ups x 5 plus single arm 20kg KB overhead press x 5 every 2:00 for 20 rounds in 38:38 - pull-ups and right side OHP odd-numbered rounds and chin-ups and left side OHP even-numbered rounds -this was an upper body strength endurance workout not intended to be anaerobic.

#2 - run 2.0 miles warmup in 22:46, then run faster 1:00 run slower recovery 2:00 for 8 rounds = 2.31 miles in 24:00 - run fast splits mile pace equivalent = 7:18 - 7:46 - 7:41 - 7:45 - 8:25 - 8:18 - 8:32 - 8:14 - goal (too ambitious) was to run all splits between 7:30-7:45. Ran during noon hour 91F degrees 29 percent humidity during 19th hour of fasting period.
  • aokoye
    Momjogger wrote: »

Can I ask what Zwift is?

Sure! In short, Zwift is computer program that allows people to ride their bike (or run) in various virtual worlds, most of which are modeled on sections of real cities. If you have almost any smart trainer, then it will also simulate the gradient and tell the program (with varying levels of accuracy) how much power you're putting out. If you don't have a smart trainer (or a power meter), Zwift tries to make assumptions on that power on the basis of your speed (as calculated by a speed sensor on your bike) and it won't simulate the gradient. These are all connected to your computer via Bluetooth or ANT+ and the power is also how the program calculates how "fast" you're going.

Cycling Weekly has an article with an overview here and I wrote a somewhat lengthy post about it this morning which is here. You can also use it on your phone (iOS and Android) as well as Apple TV. They've also rolled out support for running but I know almost nothing about that. There should be at least a few good posts on DCRainmaker's website about it though.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I walked my dog, but he was was not into a 4 mile hike. Took him home and restarted the hike without him. Rest day for my dog then. Old dogs are smart, but not me,
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,194 MFP Moderator
    edited July 2019
    20 minutes elliptical yesterday.
  • runjosrun
    runjosrun Posts: 13 Member
    About to due a workout called upbeat strength from a new program called morning meltdown 100!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2019
    Momjogger wrote: »

Can I ask what Zwift is?

Sure! In short, Zwift is computer program that allows people to ride their bike (or run) in various virtual worlds, most of which are modeled on sections of real cities. If you have almost any smart trainer, then it will also simulate the gradient and tell the program (with varying levels of accuracy) how much power you're putting out. If you don't have a smart trainer (or a power meter), Zwift tries to make assumptions on that power on the basis of your speed (as calculated by a speed sensor on your bike) and it won't simulate the gradient. These are all connected to your computer via Bluetooth or ANT+ and the power is also how the program calculates how "fast" you're going.

Cycling Weekly has an article with an overview here and I wrote a somewhat lengthy post about it this morning which is here. You can also use it on your phone (iOS and Android) as well as Apple TV. They've also rolled out support for running but I know almost nothing about that. There should be at least a few good posts on DCRainmaker's website about it though.

You can also row to Zwift through using Painsled to connect with it but you are rowing as a biker character. They keep saying they are going to come up with a rowing version, which would make steady state days way more tolerable!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    7/23
    Mobility
    Animal Flow Daily 5
    Handstand Pushup - Pavel Fighter Progression (3RM) Day 12/20
    *On a Yoga Block
    5-4-3-2-2- (16)
    Pull-ups - Fighter Pull-Up Program (12R Max) Day 12/20
    14-11-8-6-6 (45)
    Yoga
    Hatha Sun Salutation - 5 Rounds
    Ashtanga Sun Salutation A - 5 Rounds
    Meditate
  • aokoye
    Nearly 9km in a double this morning. I was stroke and it felt really good. I hadn't had a good sculling practice in a while so I'm especially happy about today.

I sat stroke which was a big part of me feeling comfortable and the person in bow was really experienced.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Crazy Tuesday

30 min super sweaty stair workout with trainer

5/3/1 cycle 3 week 1 deadlifts plus some single leg push downs and standing calf raises

40min treadmill intervals - 10min warm up then 2min 10k pace/1min recover/1min 5k pace/1.5 min recover x5 cool down to 40min. 3.8 miles.

8.5mile cycle ride

45 min insanity
    50min boxercise
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    It was Tuesday, so spin class.