New Here

Options
Hey guys so I got married recently and gained thirty pounds. My goal is to lose 50 lbs and maintain a healthy lifestyle for the test of my life. I have gone back and forth and I'm tired of making excuses. I just want to live healthily. I suffer from bad acid reflux and noticed that it's only getting worse as I gain weight. I feel I just need support so I don't lose focus on my goal.

Replies

• Alia_R
    Alia_R Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me. I'm on here 99.999% of the time and highly dedicated on what I'm doing right now.
  • kmaltby1901
    kmaltby1901 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Jacobafred! I am back on here after a few years because I am tried of "trying and failing". I have two little kids want to get back to a level where I feel better, feel better in my clothes and overall just keeping tabs on myself as the years progress. I previously had a "never will I ever get above this weight again" weight after looking 30-40 lbs in my early twenties. Well....I blew that in the last 6 months and tired of being complacent about it!
  • Jacobafred
    Jacobafred Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also had never will I get above 200. Im kissing it right now. Sometimes I feel like I work out for a couple of weeks but it just doesn't stick.
  • ohortert14
    ohortert14 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello there. I gained a lot of weight after getting married. It can be challenging at times but totally worth! Good Luck!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

Good luck with your journey!
  • BrittanyFarrell1
    BrittanyFarrell1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I suffer too from acid reflux due to weight gain. After I met my now husband I gained so much weight. We just got married and we're going on our honeymoon in disney soon. I'm trying to lose as much towel as possible between now and then. I have 46 days.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @BrittanyFarrell1 @Jacobafred
    Kind of off topic, and not to sound like an infomercial... But I cured my acid reflux. This will sound completely crazy. I couldn't sleep because acid reflux was keeping me up night after night. Would take four tums and couldn't lay down, had to sleep sitting up.

One night, I gave up on sleep, turned on the tv, and some infomercial was on; normally, I flip off those. But the guy was saying he had a cure for heart burn and acid reflux. I was thinking "yeah sure."

He said to drink just a sip of dry red wine after dinner anywhere between two weeks to two months. I hate wine, but was willing to give it a shot. Sure enough, somewhere between 3-6 weeks, my acid reflux disappeared and never came back.That was over 15 years ago.

I did not continue to drink wine. I took it like medicine, 1 oz a night and had to chase with cran-grape.

The product he was selling was a book of natural cures. I saw the book a couple of years later at a garage sale and picked it up. Waste of a dollar; nothing else good in the entire book.

But the one cure he was using to sell his book worked for me, hope this helps someone else!!