Does Anytime Fitness have barbells?

I'm traveling later this week and want to keep my StrongLifts 5x5 routine, so I've been looking up local gyms. Does Anytime Fitness have the barbell equipment for squats, bench press, etc?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I live in a small town and ours has only two squat racks and a Smith. But, yes, it does have the equipment necessary for squat, bench, etc...
  • mreichard
    mreichard Posts: 235 Member
    cja91 wrote: »
    Lol, what kind of question is that. Its a gym of course it will have barbls
    It’s an entirely reasonable question. The gym I have to use when on holiday has no power rack, one barbell and a total of four 45 plates. I use every plate they have to deadlift. Many gyms aren’t equipped for free weight training.

• TheNewKristin
    TheNewKristin Posts: 24 Member
    I belonged to one for three years. It had a smith machine and two squat racks.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    It could vary by location. Call the gym you’re interested in and ask them.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    cja91 wrote: »
    Lol, what kind of question is that. Its a gym of course it will have barbls

When I was a member, my local Anytime Fitness did NOT have any free wts; just machines and some fixed barbells (100# or less) and dumbells up to 50#. Nothing you could do any serious lifting with.

My guess is that equipment availability at any specific AF location depends mainly on the size of the space and the size/demands of the membership, as it would for any other gym/fitness location.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,599 Member
    I am a member of Anytime Fitness Aldgate, and they have squat racks and barbells. Best check the branch closest to your hotel.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,599 Member
    A lot of gyms want to keep out serious weight training people out by not having a squat rack. They just want to sell memberships to people who won't visit the gym regularly.