That one thing I won’t give up

I have been doing pretty good so far. Today marks my first two weeks and I am down 8 lbs. Not perfect by far but doing good. I was allowing myself about 3 T of creamer a day that’s sweetened already and two cups of coffee. That’s the only refined sugars I have and almost all plant based food I am eating. I didn’t read the label. Didn’t read the nutrients either here when I have been entering it daily til just now and holy crap at the sugar in it. Do y’all have any ideas for people that can’t live without a good cup of coffee? I’m completely changing my lifestyle but I will have to be tied down before I quit drinking coffee. 😊 ☕️

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I have been doing pretty good so far. Today marks my first two weeks and I am down 8 lbs. Not perfect by far but doing good. I was allowing myself about 3 T of creamer a day that’s sweetened already and two cups of coffee. That’s the only refined sugars I have and almost all plant based food I am eating. I didn’t read the label. Didn’t read the nutrients either here when I have been entering it daily til just now and holy crap at the sugar in it. Do y’all have any ideas for people that can’t live without a good cup of coffee? I’m completely changing my lifestyle but I will have to be tied down before I quit drinking coffee. 😊 ☕️

Is the calories or sugar from the creamer making you hungry, or keeping you from hitting any of your other nutrition goals? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. Your diet doesn't have to be 100% perfect, you need to make room for the things you enjoy.

If you do need to change it, I would try cutting back little by little. Once you get down to a smaller serving, you could try subbing it out, again little by little, with half & half or whole milk if you still wanted to.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I definitely agree with kimny72 that you may not need to change this...but if you do, maybe you could slowly switch to other things and then eventually to black coffee. I know that idea is NOT appealing to everyone, and it would not have appealed to me 7-8 years ago when I was all about my Italian Sweet Creme creamer and agave syrup in my coffee.

When I started counting calories and paying attention to macros, I switched over to artificial sweetener and vanilla almond milk. I HATED the taste of any artificial sweetener in my coffee (even though I didn't mind it in diet soda). So then it was just vanilla almond milk for about 6 months. Eventually I switched to unsweetened original almond milk, for roughly 6 months. Once I got used to that, I realized the way I drank coffee before seemed too sweet and too milky for me. Finally I started drinking it black and honestly like it so well this way! 5 calories or less and no sugar. I also feel like it is a safer bet in restaurants and coffee shops because I always tended to get my coffee too sweet/milky and it was just a hassle.

On the other hand - I still eat quite a lot of sugar in other forms, so don't listen to me! :p