Blisters

I have a huge blister on the bottom of my toe from walking. It’s opened. I don’t want to skip a day walking. It’s just a tad sore but I don’t want to make it worse. Any advice on how I could wrap it maybe?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Wear thin ( very thin ) moisture wicking socks when walking / running.
    I trained for 20 weeks up to and thru a full marathon without any blisters.
    Great fitting shoes, moisture wicking socks and a supply of Body Glide.

Feel free to skip a day to mend.

Hang in there.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Compeed blister plasters work well.
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    I ran cross country and track all of my life and shoes/socks are very important to preventing blisters. Get proper running/walking shoes that fit you (to me, $150 on Brooks are worth it, they feel great and last for years). Invest in appropriate running socks too that are designed to wick moisture.

Back in the day we would have to use nu skin and tape/cotton balls to keep training which didn’t help much. Now bandaid makes great fell filled blister bandaids that help tremendously. But I’d go get some proper fitting shoes that help to prevent blistering by being tight in the appropriate areas.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    edited July 2019
    I also recommend the band-aid blister guards, like these (they have different ones for different parts of your foot): https://www.band-aid.com/products/hydro-seal-wound-care/toe-blister-bandages-8-ct-one-size

But definitely then go find some shoes that will help you avoid blisters in the future. This can take some time and experimentation to find a brand/style that fits your foot best - you can find info online on which brands tend to run wide vs narrow for example, but you'll have to probably try some different shoes on and walk a bit in the store. I would probably take it easy for a few days while you heal up so you don't make it worse.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,419 Member
    Compeed is amazing. They aren’t cheap but they are worth every penny and one will do the job for days and days. The technology is also fascinating.
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    I also recommend the band-aid blister guards, like these (they have different ones for different parts of your foot): https://www.band-aid.com/products/hydro-seal-wound-care/toe-blister-bandages-8-ct-one-size

But definitely then go find some shoes that will help you avoid blisters in the future. This can take some time and experimentation to find a brand/style that fits your foot best - you can find info online on which brands tend to run wide vs narrow for example, but you'll have to probably try some different shoes on and walk a bit in the store. I would probably take it easy for a few days while you heal up so you don't make it worse.

I’ve always had a great experience at fleet feet with them analyzing my run and recommending a shoe. They haven’t disappointed yet. I tended to get ankle blisters and so I get think backed sockets to prevent this. They have socks specially made there to prevent blisters
  • marcusjgrose
    marcusjgrose Posts: 16 Member
    Try wearing 2 very thin pairs of socks.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    edited July 2019
    Pad around the blister so it doesn't rub. You can use bandaids for this, or look for actual blister products at the drugstore.

What I did as a Girl Scout was use "moleskin" and cut out a hole in the middle.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LYVTECJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This might be pre-cut, but you get the idea:

0155-0400-Moleskin-donut-applied-to-foot-with-blister1.jpg