Vegetables

500calorias
500calorias Posts: 2 Member
How much and wich vegetables should I have to maje 500 calories per day

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited July 2019
    If you’re trying to make vegetables account for a 500 calorie portion of your overall daily calorie target then I would say whichever vegetables you like most and however much when weighed (preferably before cooking, if you’re going to cook them) hit that target for you.

No point in me saying ‘you should eat broccoli, kale and carrots’ for example, if you happen to dislike all those! Eat whichever vegetables you will take pleasure from eating. If possible, aim for a fairly wide variety, so you don’t get bored and can gain maximum benefit from all those vitamins and minerals!

If however, and I’m jumping massively to this thought, based on your username, you have your mind set on eating ONLY vegetables and ONLY 500 calories then you have bigger issues than personal taste and you really need to check with your health professional for medical and dietary advice before losing weight. Please forgive me if I’ve jumped to the wrong conclusion with this, but I didn’t feel I should ignore what my ‘spidey senses’ were detecting. 🧐

You might like to read some of the stickies on this forum. For a start try the ‘Getting Started’ forum.