Should I be in maintence on non-training days?

Options
Training being weightlifting.

Replies

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Are you recomping? Or trying to build?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    What is your goal?
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    If you follow MFP's NEAT method, your calories should naturally be lower on non training days. I usually eat a bit less on those days anyway because of my appetite.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Goal is to build.
  • alexmose
    Options
    Niki_Fitz wrote: »
    Are you recomping? Or trying to build?

build
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Look at overall calories for the week. You want to be in a surplus, if you want to eat slightly less on non-training days sure but make sure your training days compensate for that Otherwise you can keep cals the same everyday (which is what I do).
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Just can't get enough of these super open ended questions with little to no background/starting info to go by...
    If ifs & buts were candy & nuts...
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    "Maintenance" is a 24/7 endeavor.

As for weightlifting, you burn very few, cals doing it and doing it is not an excuse to "binge" and not logging and/or otherwise controlling the cals that you consume.
  • alexmose
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »

As for weightlifting, you burn very few, cals doing it and doing it is not an excuse to "binge" and not logging and/or otherwise controlling the cals that you consume.

I count cals religiously and just choose the mfp cardio entry for any weight training -10 mins of me resting.
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »

I find I burn quite a few calories weight lifting, and I ain't exactly out there doing non-stop supersets either. Decent 4-5 sets, 8-12 reps per set, RPE 7-8, 2 minutes between sets, and in two hours of that I'm estimating, based on my calorie intake and watching what my weight does, that I burn as much as I did running for an hour.