The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,253 Member
    Morning all. Just getting back into MyFitnessPal, been using WW. Thinking of cancelling and going premium here. My new motivation is I just got a new Fitbit versa. I will be 42 next month. Would love to lose 10 lbs. been struggling bouncing back and forth. If anything need to tone up.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy Tuesday!!!!
    I forgot it's taco Tuesday I wonder if I have the fixins.
    So my dr gave me the option of surgery or living with my shoulder the way it is. He said it'll never get better so I either accept I'll be in pain all the time and have restrictions or I get Surgery. I think I'll be calling to set up the surgery. As it stands it would be in October. Which means I sit out this next curling and skating season. Oh well
  • gman7676
    gman7676 Posts: 291 Member
    43 here. Feel free to add me and message me. I like to interact with my amigos
  • leex2782
    leex2782 Posts: 37 Member
    37 here feel free to add me
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday!!!!
    So my dr gave me the option of surgery or living with my shoulder the way it is. He said it'll never get better so I either accept I'll be in pain all the time and have restrictions or I get Surgery. I think I'll be calling to set up the surgery. As it stands it would be in October. Which means I sit out this next curling and skating season. Oh well

Let’s hope ope Taco Tuesday comes together for you!

I think I’d opt for the surgery, too. Sounds like a better alternative than having to live with the pain. Keep us posted.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Good morning Middle-agers, HHD for me and tomorrow for you 😁
  • Rich71bat
    Rich71bat Posts: 195 Member
    Hi all, feel free to add me if you want new friends for motivation
  • AliNouveau
    Slappy74 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Happy Tuesday!!!!

Let’s hope ope Taco Tuesday comes together for you!

I think I’d opt for the surgery, too. Sounds like a better alternative than having to live with the pain. Keep us posted.

Ya I'm going to get it. If I reach for a car door it hurts and I'm having to give up activities I love so that's kinda crappy.
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    Good morning all! ☀️

Hope everyone has a great start to their day!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Good morning my friends! Another day closer to retirement for all of us! Have a great hump day!
  • aspalata
    aspalata Posts: 2 Member
    hello everyone... i just discovered there is a place for the "ripe" ones! :D:D

i'm 44/f from germany and on my third major attempt to turn back the clock!

i started dirty low carb around xmas last year on doctor's advice and turned to strict keto in april in addition to a strict and effective workout-routine.

here i am 14 kg away from my goal-weight and trying my best to reach it till x-mas this year.

i lift, do hiit, ride my bike & on weekends i love to sail a bit...

feel free to add me if you think it is fitting...

and yeah... if there is anyone out there to have THE advice on how to quit smoking for good, please let me know!

wish you all a great day & those of you, being grilled by heavy weather please stay hydrated!

:*
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Good morning all. Hope the day is awesome.
  • TheNewKristin
    TheNewKristin Posts: 24 Member
    Have a great day everyone!
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Hey all...still floating around..46 here
    and its finally sunny in Northern NJ..had a rough few humid stormy nasty days

have a good one
    kim
  • DawnKendrick
    DawnKendrick Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, please add me. I have just turned 50 so am looking for friends to motivate me and be on this loonnnnngg journey with me 👍😉
  • activegalaxy
    activegalaxy Posts: 24 Member
    Turning 38 soon and always looking for more friends.
  • AliNouveau
    Ever have one of those days where you just shake your head because of the bizarre things you saw? Ya that's my day today. It's fun but wow I took a trip to the twilight zone today.

Happy mid week friends
  • jakesmomma2004
    jakesmomma2004 Posts: 18 Member
    Saw this group and had to laugh; thinking man I am not middle aged...but realize I may be in denial as 40 is just around the corner for me and the metabolism is drastically slowing. Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • otterbx
    otterbx Posts: 24 Member
    Saw this group and had to laugh; thinking man I am not middle aged...but realize I may be in denial as 40 is just around the corner for me and the metabolism is drastically slowing. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Our bodies don’t realize that 40s are the new 30s...