What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    I did not realize just how much weight I was carrying on my INNER thighs. I don’t have big hips but I do have big thighs and that’s how - it’s all on the inside. Chub rub will probably always be a thing, although it is much better now. Also, the inside of my thighs are one big stretch mark, which I find very fascinating more than bothersome.

I had a lot gof eight there too and a lot of chub rub. No longer though. But it has taken a gazzilion squats and lots of running and weight training to be rid of it
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member
    I did not realize just how much weight I was carrying on my INNER thighs. I don’t have big hips but I do have big thighs and that’s how - it’s all on the inside. Chub rub will probably always be a thing, although it is much better now. Also, the inside of my thighs are one big stretch mark, which I find very fascinating more than bothersome.

I've lost the weight, the chub rub is still there. Part of it is just genetics and how far apart your hip bones keep your legs. When I was a teen I didn't have it, but always as an adult.

I had to laugh as I have always had chub rub, but it is actually better now than when I was a teenager.
  • nooie19
    nooie19 Posts: 153 Member
    DeshotelK wrote: »
    I am shocked by this. I was wearing size 16 or 18 40lbs ago. I am still wearing size 16! I was expecting a drop in size by now :-\ ! I am 5ft 9...but still!

I'm also 5'9". When I am at a higher weight, it takes at least 20 lbs for me to notice in my clothes. It took 35 for me to drop a size. Once I got close to goal (the first time around... I'm back up 30 lbs), it didn't take as much. If I dropped 5 -10 lbs I noticed.

It must be a height thing. I'm 5'0", 5lbs changes how my clothes fit. 10-15lbs is a size change for sure.

I have total lost 40lbs, at 35lbs lost I'd gone from a 14 to a 4, an XL to a S/M. At 40lbs, 5 additional pounds lost, I'm now shopping for 2/XS in pants and S in shirts.

The flip side though, If I gain 15lbs, I physically can't wear my clothes anymore. I have to buy a whole new wardrobe or things just won't fit. There is just less leeway for short people. Less area to spread the weight around.

I hear you. I’m 5’4” on a good day. 10-15 lbs is at least one size. Maybe 2. I’m 128-130 now, comfortable in a 2 (a few are too big, a few too tight, 95% fit). By 135 I’m in a 4, 2s are indecently tight. By 145, it’s a 6 at least.

I threw out/donated all my 4s except 1 church dress for fat days/emergencies. So if things get bad I am living in workout clothes other than on Sunday morning. Maybe that’ll keep me on track 😆

I’m 5’3” and I agree my size changes a lot with small changes in weight. But on the other hand, most of my clothes have generous elastic/stretch. This means I can be in denial about weight gain when I can still squeeze into my clothes. I’m 50 years old and a mom/teacher. So partly it’s current fashions and partly the style for middle aged women.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,387 Member
    That the closer you get to goal weight, the more unexpected things that sag and the bigger your belly looks in proportion, to the point that, sitting here, typing this and looking down, it looks “eight sizes ago”.

Everything has gone fluffy this week and nothing fits properly all of a sudden.

Maybe I’m due for a massive whoosh, amiright?
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I'm starting to see how people can just not see themselves a certain way. I'm down about 50lbs. When I look in the mirror, I think I look nice and slim. When I take a picture, I FINALLY see a slim person - that took a while. When I look down at myself, though. Ehhhh. I can't say that I don't think I've made any progress, as there are obvious examples, like how much legs are much slimmer on the inner thigh. However, I just don't really feel slim? I've still got about ten pounds before I'm in a healthy weight range, so it's not like I'm floating near underweight and thinking this - I actually am still overweight - but still. Maybe my eyeballs haven't caught up yet, and the mirror and the pictures are just better at telling the truth.
  • Lora2380
    Lora2380 Posts: 195 Member
    Summers are hard to loose weight! It’s hot so I don’t want to cook inside( which leads to fast junky foods), lots of weekend get togethers, snacks everywhere, late nights..... ugh I thought because weather is nice I would be more active and it would be easier, not so much lol 😂 I for some reason keep forgetting that this is not easy, but have to remember that it is worth it.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Lora2380 wrote: »
    Summers are hard to loose weight! It’s hot so I don’t want to cook inside( which leads to fast junky foods), lots of weekend get togethers, snacks everywhere, late nights..... ugh I thought because weather is nice I would be more active and it would be easier, not so much lol 😂 I for some reason keep forgetting that this is not easy, but have to remember that it is worth it.

Seriously, I always plan non-cooking meals like sandwiches on the really hot weeks because just the thought of turning on the oven or burner breaks me out in a sweat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!