Locked door

Options

Replies

• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    bufger wrote: »
    I hate unresolved endings. It's like a breakup by ghosting.

Just couldn't stay away. I bet you're back again reading this comment. Caught ya 😁

I hate you. :lol:
  • Piloteer2009
    Piloteer2009 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The world may never know....
  • Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    n6yxy1s8hl3j.jpg

Update, still never got the door open😣
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    n6yxy1s8hl3j.jpg

Any update now?
  • Ssssss666666
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    n6yxy1s8hl3j.jpg

Any update now?

I have given up, I'm afraid, i just try not to look at it. It will remain a mystery
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    Options
    Turn the bed 180 so u don't have to stare at it.. 😆
  • Ssssss666666
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »
    Turn the bed 180 so u don't have to stare at it.. 😆

Lol, I may just have to do that🤣
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    The portal to Narnia!
  • kevinflemming1982
    kevinflemming1982 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Bah, now I'm curious about the bloody door as well! I've got a 20oz claw hammer you can borrow. :D
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I just went through 9 pages of this thread. :s
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    InkgirlKC wrote: »

That's why I skipped to the end. :D

I'm not going to read back thru 9 pages, so if this was asked already ... whatever.

Is it an actual door with a handle and hinges? Or is it just a really bad drywall repair job?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    There is no way I could live in a house with a cupboard I couldn't open. Just in case there was something interesting in it. My curiosity knows no bounds.

I would have to open it. Get one of those drills with the circular drill attachment for drilling pipe holes and drill that sucker. At least you could shine a torch in there.

My neighbour lived in a really old house and when they were decorating/renovating they found a cubby hole that had been papered and plastered over. Inside was a stuffed owl and inside the owl (pushed into a slit in it's back) were some documents these included the original deeds to the house which was over 200 years old and the last will and testament of one of the owners which was written in Olde English and they had to get someone to translate it. It seemed the gentlemen left his house and money to his sister and stated quite clearly that his wife was not to benefit in any way from any of his estate. Wonder what she did to deserve that. I also wonder if it was her that stuffed his will inside the owl and walled it up. :D

I don't really think there will be anything exciting in your little cupboard but I still don't understand how you can bear to look at it without knowing, I would go insane.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    it just looks like an old air vent, the building I used to work at had them in quite a few rooms. They updated the system and just bolted the unused vents.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    There is no way I could live in a house with a cupboard I couldn't open. Just in case there was something interesting in it. My curiosity knows no bounds.

I would have to open it. Get one of those drills with the circular drill attachment for drilling pipe holes and drill that sucker. At least you could shine a torch in there.

My neighbour lived in a really old house and when they were decorating/renovating they found a cubby hole that had been papered and plastered over. Inside was a stuffed owl and inside the owl (pushed into a slit in it's back) were some documents these included the original deeds to the house which was over 200 years old and the last will and testament of one of the owners which was written in Olde English and they had to get someone to translate it. It seemed the gentlemen left his house and money to his sister and stated quite clearly that his wife was not to benefit in any way from any of his estate. Wonder what she did to deserve that. I also wonder if it was her that stuffed his will inside the owl and walled it up. :D

I don't really think there will be anything exciting in your little cupboard but I still don't understand how you can bear to look at it without knowing, I would go insane.

Exactly! Even if it's nothing exciting, I would have to know!

OP, get a jigsaw or something, like someone else suggested, and just cut along the bottom above the moulding. Get that sucker open and put us out of our misery!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    99clmsntgr wrote: »
    InkgirlKC wrote: »

That's why I skipped to the end. :D

I'm not going to read back thru 9 pages, so if this was asked already ... whatever.

Is it an actual door with a handle and hinges? Or is it just a really bad drywall repair job?

It's an actual door.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Is there an upstairs? How old is the house? In the house I grew up in, that might be the plumbing to the upstairs bathroom.
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Is there an upstairs? How old is the house? In the house I grew up in, that might be the plumbing to the upstairs bathroom.

Or a crawl space/attic entrance
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    i bet that's where the shadow person who haunts the house sleeps during the day.
    imagine sleeping in there and hearing a door creak open during the middle of the night i'd be SHOOK
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Me opening the damn door.

m5d64ublecaw.png