Locked door

14567810»

Replies

• mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    I mean, can't you just get a crowbar and open it that way?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    You've got to open it! Elvis is hiding in there and has run out of peanut butter and banana sandwiches! He's still got some bacon, so you've got a day or two. 😮
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    edited July 2019
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    I mean, can't you just get a crowbar and open it that way?

The door is caught behind the moulding/door frame of the closet door (or whatever it is) - OP said they tried to gently prise that off but couldn't.

I still say just cut the thing open... What if there IS something valuable in there? How can you stand not knowing?!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    edited July 2019
    Also it would annoy me that the door is interrupting the smoothness of the wall. I would have to get the door off (firstly to check inside) then plaster over the space and smooth it out.

Or make a design feature of it. Open it up and put some lighting feature inside with a decorative grill over the front for mood lighting. Or tidy it up and make it a niche for a statuette or a floral display.

I just couldn't leave it as it is.

OMG I am investing way too much thought into this thread and interior design in someone elses bedroom.

Sorry OP I get carried away at times :D:D:D

ETA Example

xux0umcu7l1j.png
  • Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    Also it would annoy me that the door is interrupting the smoothness of the wall. I would have to get the door off (firstly to check inside) then plaster over the space and smooth it out.

Or make a design feature of it. Open it up and put some lighting feature inside with a decorative grill over the front for mood lighting. Or tidy it up and make it a niche for a statuette or a floral display.

I just couldn't leave it as it is.

OMG I am investing way too much thought into this thread and interior design in someone elses bedroom.

Sorry OP I get carried away at times :D:D:D

ETA Example

xux0umcu7l1j.png

Looks lovely 🙂
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    FYI - here is a close up pic from earlier for those that skipped to the end.

280zn38o74eh.png
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Narnia.
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    @ssss6813 , clearly this door has been relocated from floor 7½.

Do you know anyone that will soon have their 44th birthday?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    cee134 wrote: »

280zn38o74eh.png

Well, there is clearly ventilation, so we know Elvis can breathe. if he still has bacon, why doesn’t OP smell it?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    OMG there is bacon???
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    cee134 wrote: »

280zn38o74eh.png

Well, there is clearly ventilation, so we know Elvis can breathe. if he still has bacon, why doesn’t OP smell it?

Well, we know how long Elvis has been missing. I have to think that's pretty old bacon. 😞