Somebody help me wrap my head around this.

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,668 Member
    Is he on any medications? That can affect weight loss.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Is he on any medications? That can affect weight loss.

No prescriptions, he takes a multivitamin, fish oil supplement, magnesium supplement, an antihistamine, and allergy nose spray.

I take all the same supplements, I don't think they are known to have an effect on weight loss.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    There's a lot more that goes into energy balance than simply counting calories eaten and tracking calories burned.

What he said.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    erickirb wrote: »
    sounds to me like he is eating more that you are unaware of... secret eaters type thing. I am 155 and lose on 1900, so either his hormones are out of whack, or he is eating more than you think he is

This is what I was thinking.
  • ExistingFish
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    erickirb wrote: »
    sounds to me like he is eating more that you are unaware of... secret eaters type thing. I am 155 and lose on 1900, so either his hormones are out of whack, or he is eating more than you think he is

This is what I was thinking.

He would have to be way sneakier than he is to do that. Poor weighing skills would be more likely, although I've watched him weigh, he seems to do it correctly.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    Which part of all the inches is not good? To me that part is what sounds wonderful and way better than a scale change. Also what has been the trend change over time? I get that he had a scale fluctuation this morning, but has the trend not generally been slightly down?

In terms of troubleshooting water weight:

Is he sore from the training?

Given that you guys work from home, is he generally sedentary other than during the exercise sessions?

Is his heart rate slightly higher than average perhaps?
  • ExistingFish
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Which part of all the inches is not good? To me that part is what sounds wonderful and way better than a scale change. Also what has been the trend change over time? I get that he had a scale fluctuation this morning, but has the trend not generally been slightly down?

In terms of troubleshooting water weight:

Is he sore from the training?

Given that you guys work from home, is he generally sedentary other than during the exercise sessions?

Is his heart rate slightly higher than average perhaps?

No the inches are fantastic.

The trend has been downward, about 0.25/lb per week. I feel like 0.5lb/week should not be so difficult to achieve.

Sore from training definitely accounts for the scale fluctuation this morning.

I'd say lightly active, he does the laundry and chores and stuff and cares for 3 little kids.
  • ExistingFish
    pjshawley wrote: »
    I hesitate to post as I am no expert on this. The only question I didn't see posted was the possibility that he could be gaining muscle weight from his training efforts that is off-setting his fat loss. Just a thought.

Given his measurement changes, something has to be happening, but it is hard to build significant muscle mass at a deficit, or even at maintenance, so we haven't expected too much in the way of additional muscle mass.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Could hebe eating when you’re not around