Weight Loss Victories

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Here is an odd one... I feel taller. Undoubtedly this is from better standing and walking posture. I am not that concerned with my height but it is a noticeable difference.
  • mo8414
    mo8414 Posts: 13 Member
    I put on my only pair of jeans(I always wear everlast sweat pants) they used to fit perfect, tight enough to hold them selfs up but not to tight where sitting was an issue. I can pull them out about 2 inches now and would need a belt to wear them now. Cant wait to get back into regular sizes so I can nuy clothing at a normal store. Also down 35 LBS today.
  • NovusDies
    NSV: I enjoy getting dressed for work now, and actually dither over what to wear because I have things that a) fit me, and b) I like, and c) that look good on me. So I have choices now. The downside comes with adding more time to getting ready.

Also, I have embraced colored jeans. I have a pair of white jeans arriving this weekend. (Super clearance, so I took a chance that a) they'll fit, and b) they'll look good on me).

I've got a good 20lbs to ultimate goal, but even now, I am floored by the fact that I've lost about 20 sizes. It hardly seems possible! Like the clothes lie to me, lol.

Enjoying getting dressed seems so foreign to me. My dithering is limited to what is clean since my selection is extremely limited from downsizing and avoiding buying anymore than needed.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Wow that is incredible, it won't have been easy and will have taken quite a lot of determination. If celebrating isn't your thing I understand but I hope you're proud of yourself, you've done well.
  • LilSkittles22
    LilSkittles22 Posts: 22 Member
    That is super amazing! Congratulations on your loss so far. You may not be at your goal yet, but getting 2/3 of the way there is still incredible. You should be really proud of yourself (as I'm sure you are). For what it's worth, I'm very proud of you! You are definitely an inspiration, and I look forward to sharing my success story once I get there as well
  • corkdorkva
    corkdorkva Posts: 24 Member
    Today I held a plank for 1 minute and 23 seconds. First time I felt my abs in well, a long time.
  • NovusDies
    That is super amazing! Congratulations on your loss so far. You may not be at your goal yet, but getting 2/3 of the way there is still incredible. You should be really proud of yourself (as I'm sure you are). For what it's worth, I'm very proud of you! You are definitely an inspiration, and I look forward to sharing my success story once I get there as well

You will get there. This group is going to be full of success stories. The people we see participating that are taking a sensible approach can make it if they just don't stop. We just need to keep helping each other with our weak areas. Mine right now is exercise. I am doing better but I need to be doing a lot better.

• TwinThompson
    TwinThompson Posts: 80 Member
    I fit into my favourite floaty dress today 😊 not quite as pleased at the extra fabric around the bust lol, but definitely happier the dress actually looks floaty now, not stretched!
  • NovusDies
    jjlewey wrote: »
    Another new low recent weigh in today, damn those feel good, not to far from my initial goal when I started to get below 400. 408.8 this morning.

Good going. I think it is always nice going into the weekend with a new low weight.
  • NovusDies
    I fit into my favourite floaty dress today 😊 not quite as pleased at the extra fabric around the bust lol, but definitely happier the dress actually looks floaty now, not stretched!

Nice.

I won't comment on the extra fabric situation...
  • TwinThompson
    TwinThompson Posts: 80 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »

Nice.

I won't comment on the extra fabric situation...

Haha!! It’s the first thing my friends commented on, told them I’d much rather they talked about my tiny bit flatter stomach
  • jjlewey
    jjlewey Posts: 248 Member

Congrats, good work, keep up the fight
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    @NovusDies Wow! that is awesome! Congrats on achieving 2/3rds of your goal! It is definitely worthy of a moment of recognition!

I totally understand not making a big deal out of things... I try not to as well, but that's in part because I'm afraid if I do, my goals will shriek and jump back into the bushes and I'll realize I didn't actually achieve anything. >.> Which is silly, but there it is. XD

@TwinThompson That's great!! Fitting into something that you didn't before is the *best* feeling!! Congrats! I have this dress that I *love* that doesn't quite fit as it used to. I'm hoping I can adjust the straps to make it fit better, but it's so cute and the perfect summer dress. I don't have a lot of experience with dresses (anxiety, fear: they all play a part in keeping me from trying new things), but I want to wear them. So I bought some new ones and wore one of them to work... which is a huge step for me. XD Nothing bad happened and in fact, by the end of the day, I felt pretty normal, so there's that! Congrats on your achivement! Wear it with joy! And maybe if it's your favorite dress you can find a way to alter the bust.
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    jjlewey wrote: »
    I had a small victory today. My wife wanted to go out to eat. She wanted Texas Roadhouse so we got there and I forgot to ask for table. As we were getting led to a booth I almost asked for a table instead but I thought maybe I will fit now. To my amazement I did! Not much room between belly and table, but space non the less. My wife even commented about it. The little things in life :)

Excellent! That's a good feeling.