I hate water.

2»

Replies

• lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    I need bubbly water—I love it. So I have a soda stream to make it myself.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    I don't like water either, though I don't mind it so much when I exercise. I drink pitchers of iced tea, lots of hot tea, occasional diet sodas smoothies, etc. But there have been a lot of good suggestions for stir-in products. I find I don't care for the ones sweetened with stevia because it has an aftertaste (which I find totally noticeable in drinks but not so bad in foods) but the best advice is just to try a bunch of different stir-in products, see which ones you like and don't, and go from there. You may be able to get free samples from companies so you can try a product once before committing to a purchase in full size and potentially ending up with a whole bunch of a drink add-in that you don't like, as there are very definitely differences. (I have seen samples available from companies' e-commerce sites, though you do sometimes have to pay for shipping. Also Amazon will occasionally have sample boxes for purchase where you then get a credit to buy one of the items in full size. Or you can try a fitness subscription box as this type of product is a fairly standard inclusion.)
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    You don't need to be guzzling endless amounts of water. I only really drink water at the gym, the rest of the time it's from endless cups of tea and my food. Occasionally I'll crave a glass of water.

But don't think you need to drink litres of the stuff every day, your urine will tell you if you're hydrated.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    Ice. We got a countertop rabbit turd ice machine and I can eat that soft crunchy ice all day long, which means I’m sucking down a couple of quarts of water too.

I know I drive them ape at yoga when I crunch, but cie la vie. Maybe I only hear it inside my own head.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    1554558-picard_earl_grey_hot_super.png
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    TrishSeren wrote: »
    You don't need to be guzzling endless amounts of water. I only really drink water at the gym, the rest of the time it's from endless cups of tea and my food. Occasionally I'll crave a glass of water.

But don't think you need to drink litres of the stuff every day, your urine will tell you if you're hydrated.

Unless you take B vitamins.
  • AndyCool22
    AndyCool22 Posts: 131 Member
    I like the flavor squeezies that Aldi has (basically Mio but a little cheaper). There is a bigger selection of the mio/crystal light at other stores though. just a splash in a big bottle gives me enough flavor to also not hate it. I'm like you, can down it if i'm thirsty or hot but otherwise plain water doesn't usually do it for me.
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,264 Member
    I use a couple drops of Young Living Slique Essence. An essential oil blend of various fruits and herbs.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Ice. We got a countertop rabbit turd ice machine and I can eat that soft crunchy ice all day long, which means I’m sucking down a couple of quarts of water too.

I know I drive them ape at yoga when I crunch, but cie la vie. Maybe I only hear it inside my own head.

no we hear you too and it's like nails on a chalkboard to people with mysophonia like me. i would need to leave class.

it's also really bad for your teeth
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I love water. I often drink it with ice and lemon. Lately I have been making minty water.

how do you make minty water?
    I started to leave the green tea bag in thermos with water the night before and I add ice in the morning to take with. It's milder than making with hot water. Like cold brew coffee. It's nice and adds vitamin C.

I looked it up: Easy! And I have mint growing in the garden, more like taking over the garden!

What You’ll Need for the Fresh Mint Water,
    You need to get a few sprigs of mint. If you have lots of mint you can add more if you want. I find two sprigs will easily flavor a half gallon of water.

Step 1,
    Wash the mint. Crush the mint, we do this by rolling it between our hands.

Step 2,
    Drop the crushed mint into the water and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.

Step 3,
    After sitting overnight, you’ll have a very refreshing minty drink. Once the water is flavored strongly enough, remove the mint from the water.

I literally just put some mint in the water. Sometimes I will blend some with a little water, pineapple, and cucumber and then add more water to that.
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    I’m really lucky...our school cafeteria makes infused water for teachers...and they try a lot of different combos. Pineapple/basil has been my favorite so far. If it’s really painful and you’re drinking juice on the regular...start watering down your juices. It still tastes great and your consuming less sugar that way.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    "I once had a packet of instant water, but I wasn't sure what to add." ~ Stephen Wright
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    TrishSeren wrote: »

Unless you take B vitamins.

Bright neon yellow is not the same as dark yellow. If it looks like a highway worker's t-shirt, you're good. ;)
  • BlowPopKisses
    BlowPopKisses Posts: 1,482 Member
    I have a 74.4 oz water jug that I got from Wally World that I keep plain water in, but when I've had enough of that, I go for any of these :

b05pbtr5z354.jpeg

3d82kxysihuj.jpeg
    You can find this one ^^^^^ at Wal*Mart (Wally World). It's bubbly water.

mm4k07krhl53.jpeg
    yauj12rl1i6h.jpg
    These are only 10 calories a packet for these ^^^^^ and come in a bunch of flavors