Daily weigh-ins? Yes! What are your thoughts?

1234568»

Replies

• no44s4me
    no44s4me Posts: 73 Member
    Daily and Happy Scale, I'm more focused on the trend and my caloric intake on it.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    I prefer the accountability of a daily morning weigh-in, and it does wonders for keeping me from snacking the previous night, because I always want the best possible weigh-in. I've probably lost 10 lbs just in food-not-eaten from trying to set up a good next weigh-in.

I used to skip weigh-ins after off days, but now I've concluded that weigh-ins after the off days are crucially important. My Achilles heel with diets has always been letting one off day expand into two and then a week, month, year. Getting on that scale the next morning is like a reckoning for me -- "face it, own it, move on". It's like a ritual cleansing -- acknowledge the number, suck it up, and get back on track.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Daily weigh-in for me...not because I'm obsessed about it, I just like to know how my diet, sodium intake affect my weight. Mine can fluctuate a couple lbs easily due to holding excess water. the main thing is knowing my overall trend is DOWN not up!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    I am back to daily weigh-ins. I don’t obsess over it, however, it really keeps me on track! 🙌👍💫
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Been weighing myself daily for over 3.5 yrs since I started my current wt loss & maintenance journey.

Track w/MFP and Libra and also use to use Excel to do wt/cal correlations but stopped doing that. Just use MFP for raw data and Libra for trend data.
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    I don't weight myself daily, or even weekly or monthly. The only time I ever get weighed is when I am at the doctor. If I weight myself I get obsessed with it and it takes control of my mood/ day and causes me to restrict food which isn't good. :) My best advice is to do what makes you feel comfortable without getting obsessed/ stressed over it
  • merekins
    merekins Posts: 228 Member
    They work for me.
  • CaitlinELaird
    CaitlinELaird Posts: 106 Member
    I weigh every day, only because I am curious about my fluctuations as I am trying to learn more about my body and love it as it is in all its weirdness. I have started to notice large changes as a signal of my period coming on, etc.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Just returned from a short one week vacation during which I didn’t weigh myself in the morning like I had done EVERY day since last August 31st, 2018 when beginning my current fitness, health and wellness journey.

Today I was back in familiar surroundings and weighed myself in the morning. Despite eating more and burning fewer exercise calories, my morning weight was 0.5 lb. higher than 7 days earlier. I erred on the side of guessing calories eaten but did log all my meals. This erring helped get the job done of not coming back with vacation weight gain.

Next morning weigh-in is in about 9 hours. If it isn’t broke, don’t fix it. For me, morning weigh-in is here to stay.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Took me a long time to face up to this, but:
    - weigh in everyday and log every calorie = stay on track, avoid nighttime snacking (to get a good weigh in in the a.m.)
    - don't weigh in everyday or log every calorie = start slipping within days.

My wife never gets on a scale. Just doesn't need it. People are different. Everyone needs to find what works for them.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    A yes for me. But it's not for everyone because some people let the scale dictate their self worth.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    I aim to weigh daily...because I am forgetful, and that way at least I usually get a couple of data points a week! Lol.